Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: help with gas kettle  (Read 7192 times)

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
help with gas kettle
« on: July 07, 2016, 11:12:21 AM »
I know it's a long shot but I'm looking for a igniter and grease cup for gas kettle shipping isn't a real concern ie OZ  :) I won't hold my breath lol
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

varekai

• WKC Ranger
CGA,GGA, jumbo joe, 3-18" kettles,22" blue,green,yellow and 2 reds, 1-22" lid mod for pizza, a genesis silver,2 Red SS Performers,2 26ers,1 red, 1 chief and a Ranch Kettle.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Re: help with gas kettle
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2016, 11:45:17 AM »
No @varekai mine is a gas kettle little round cup that attaches to the post the kettle sits on

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

varekai

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2016, 11:46:52 AM »
DUH, sorry, i'm at work and would rather be home bbqing... wasnt paying attn, good luck with your search.
CGA,GGA, jumbo joe, 3-18" kettles,22" blue,green,yellow and 2 reds, 1-22" lid mod for pizza, a genesis silver,2 Red SS Performers,2 26ers,1 red, 1 chief and a Ranch Kettle.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2016, 11:47:45 AM »
Thanks maybe a flight to Oz and poke around lol

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2016, 11:49:59 AM »
He's looking for this stuff.

FYI - I think you can use a tuna can for a temporary not so fancy drip can replacement.

Found on the web

Pic of the igniter on mine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2016, 11:58:16 AM »
That is correct @ mikerocksthered my grease cup is like the one on the left just hooks right in to the post and the ingniter is spot on

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2016, 12:29:32 PM »
Does it have to be orginal? You can prob find the grease cup at a restaurant supply store and make your own igniter.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2016, 12:34:13 PM »
The igniter is interesting because it is made and attached so that you push the entire thing further up into the kettle when lighting the grill, then it slides back down so that it isn't in the direct flames (I assume).  I'm sure other igniter options would work, but I wonder if they would burn out quicker than usual if mounted so that the spark end is in the same place as the stock igniter would be when using it.
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2016, 12:39:02 PM »
Holy crapola!!!!!  Thanks to @addicted-to-smoke's post on the other thread I finally found a missing replacement part I have been looking all over for.  The Gas Kettle attaches to the pedistal using a small both that is flat on one end, and threaded on the other. 

I've finally found it.  Thanks again ATS!!!!!

http://www.mcmaster.com/#standard-threaded-rods/=136kzdu

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2016, 12:44:40 PM »
@JEBIV -  If your bolts like the one in my previous posting are in good shape, can you get measurements on them?  Mine are too rusty for me to take them off only to find out that this place doesn't sell them in the right size.  If you can help me out I appreciate it...if yours are in bad shape or you don't have the right things to measure it, that's fine too...I'll try to sacrifice one of mine if I can get it off in one peice.  If any of these are the right size I'll ship you some once I order and receive them.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2016, 01:17:57 PM »
@mikerocksthered unfortunately my igniter is completely missing

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2016, 01:19:05 PM »
@MikeRocksTheRed unfortunately my igniter is completely missing

This isn't the igniter, its the little bolts with wing nuts on them that hold the kettle to the pedestal.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2016, 01:19:34 PM »
Oh you are talking about were the kettle attaches I will check it out and let you know

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2016, 01:24:10 PM »
Oh you are talking about were the kettle attaches I will check it out and let you know

Thanks!  I tried to remove one of the bolts to clean it up, but it broke so I left the rest as is.  If yours are boogered up too, don't worry about it...I'll figure it out.