Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: help with gas kettle  (Read 7193 times)

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Re: help with gas kettle
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2016, 01:36:11 PM »
Mine are toast just looked I do business with McMaster every day I will login tomorrow at work and see what they have they will send me samples for free we spend a lot of money with them I will let you know what works best they will probably give them to me if I tell them it's for me I'll get enough for both kettles and send them to you I'll let you know Monday if that's ok

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2016, 01:38:05 PM »
Mine are toast just looked I do business with McMaster every day I will login tomorrow at work and see what they have they will send me samples for free we spend a lot of money with them I will let you know what works best they will probably give them to me if I tell them it's for me I'll get enough for both kettles and send them to you I'll let you know Monday if that's ok

That would be awesome!  If you just get the size information, I'll probably order a few packs.  There are a handful of guys in my area that have gas kettles and will probably need them as well.
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2016, 01:38:35 PM »
No problem

Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2016, 02:03:29 PM »
Decided to call my reply from the house since I'm already home from work I will probably have enough stainless steel studs washers and wing nuts for 5 kettles on Monday they really treat us well I will pick 6 for my kettle and ship you the rest I have access to our ups account as a perk won't cost you a thing and you can distribute to the rest of the guys that may need some

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2016, 02:04:02 PM »
My rep not my reply

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2016, 02:08:25 PM »
Decided to call my reply from the house since I'm already home from work I will probably have enough stainless steel studs washers and wing nuts for 5 kettles on Monday they really treat us well I will pick 6 for my kettle and ship you the rest I have access to our ups account as a perk won't cost you a thing and you can distribute to the rest of the guys that may need some

Works for me!  I'll PM you my address.
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2016, 02:30:56 PM »
OK I'm lost but glad I did something?

Are you referring to the star nut link I posted and then just went poking around their site for other goodies? I wish they had a retail presence; McMaster is the bomb.

Holy crapola!!!!!  Thanks to @addicted-to-smoke's post on the other thread I finally found a missing replacement part I have been looking all over for.  The Gas Kettle attaches to the pedistal using a small both that is flat on one end, and threaded on the other. 

I've finally found it.  Thanks again ATS!!!!!

http://www.mcmaster.com/#standard-threaded-rods/=136kzdu

It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2016, 02:36:24 PM »
@addictedtosmoke I know the conversation seemed crazy but you got me to look at my kettle gasser and realize I needed the same @mikerocksthered needed so I called my McMaster Carr rep  and got some samples coming so yes you did do something so thanks

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2016, 02:49:53 PM »
OK I'm lost but glad I did something?

Are you referring to the star nut link I posted and then just went poking around their site for other goodies? I wish they had a retail presence; McMaster is the bomb.

Holy crapola!!!!!  Thanks to @addicted-to-smoke's post on the other thread I finally found a missing replacement part I have been looking all over for.  The Gas Kettle attaches to the pedistal using a small both that is flat on one end, and threaded on the other. 

I've finally found it.  Thanks again ATS!!!!!

http://www.mcmaster.com/#standard-threaded-rods/=136kzdu

LOL.  The Salvaging Square nut thread led me to the McMaster website where it took me about 45 seoncds to then find a bolt I have not been able to find anywhere else that holds the kettle onto the pedestal in the gas kettles.

dazzo

• WKC Performer
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2016, 03:58:52 PM »
You mean mine aren't stock?

;)

It's been so long I don't remember replacing them.

Thanks for the link!
Dude, relax your chicken.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2016, 04:00:08 PM »
Correct they are not

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2017, 08:58:59 AM »

Any luck with these?  If they worked out right I'll order some.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2017, 05:03:58 AM »
Mike,

Totally forgot about telling you I would send some your way. They worked great i added a washer to each side because of a little rust issue I can still send you some if you would like. I still have your address you sent me. Sorry about that I kind of put that RRR project on the back burner and completely forgot

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2017, 10:39:12 AM »
Mike,

Totally forgot about telling you I would send some your way. They worked great i added a washer to each side because of a little rust issue I can still send you some if you would like. I still have your address you sent me. Sorry about that I kind of put that RRR project on the back burner and completely forgot

No worries!  I can just order them if you want, but if you have some leftover you can send me that would be awesome.  I'm glad they worked out.  I didn't think I was ever going to find replacements.  Glad to have McMasters in the back of my mind for odd ball parts!

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2017, 10:42:57 AM »
I'll bring them to work tomorrow and ship you some I have plenty

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app