Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Father's Day Pizzas  (Read 2663 times)

Nate

• WKC Ranger
Father's Day Pizzas
« on: June 19, 2016, 04:39:20 PM »
Made some dough this morning and cooked up 3 pies for dinner.

Cooked some bacon for the bacon jalapeņo pie.

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
Father's Day Pizzas
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2016, 05:00:58 PM »
Nate! Stop this madness! No don't stop! Incredible. You are a pizza making genius! Ok. Enough of the a$$ kissing. Seriously though, you make some incredible pies man. What is it? Obviously, practice, but is it the kettle attachment giving air flow or what? Those are professional, brother. Good job!
Hey, and Happy Father's Day to you, brother.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nate

• WKC Ranger
Re: Father's Day Pizzas
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2016, 06:10:26 PM »
Practice, the complete KP attachment, and quality ingredients make the difference for me. When I started grilling pizzas, I did it without the KP and still turned out good pies. Now I have the KP, everything was purchased separately when on sale so now I have the Pro Kit. The tombstone and the steel are very much worth it IMO. Usually we make our own dough, but when pizzas are a last min idea I just pick up some fresh pizza dough from the grocery store. I always make my own sauces. I made two different sauces today; one for the cheese and bacon jalapeņo, and a different one for the half assed Neapolitan (didn't have any fresh basil so I had to use dried basil). I grate or slice all my cheeses and make my own cheese blends too.

Maxmbob

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2016, 07:37:17 AM »
Great looking pies, Nate.
WTB, Westerner, glen blue,

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2016, 07:46:45 AM »
Great looking as usual.  Might have to whip up a batch of dough during lunch today.  I might have to hit KP's website today and debate getting the steel and the tombstone kits.  I thought I finally had all of the accessories I needed and wanted but it appears that I am wrong! 
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

EricD

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2016, 09:48:11 AM »
Awesome looking pies!!!   Any chance you want to share your cheese blend recipe??
22" Kettle black, 18" Kettle black,Genesis S-310 Stainless Gasser, Genesis Silver Edition Gasser, 22" Weber Smoky Mountain, 28" Blackstone Griddle, Blackstone Pizza oven, Maverick ET-732
ThermaPop, Grillaholics Grill Mat, PizzaQue, Kettle Rotiserrie

austin87

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2016, 07:00:47 PM »
Bravo!

Winz

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2016, 11:03:12 AM »
Nate - stunning work as always.

Love the hand photo bomb (image #12).  "Daddy - can you stop taking pictures so we can finally eat some pizza?"

Winz
In an ongoing relationship with a kettle named Bisbee.

Maxmbob

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2016, 03:36:36 PM »
Great job, Nate.  Like the way you cook the bacon.
WTB, Westerner, glen blue,