Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Broke out the roti  (Read 889 times)

Maxmbob

• WKC Ranger
Broke out the roti
« on: June 14, 2016, 06:20:43 PM »
The local HyVee had whole chickens 2 for  $5.00.  So I broke out the roti for the first time.  The wife was happy!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

WTB, Westerner, glen blue,

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Broke out the roti
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2016, 07:00:40 PM »
Beautiful color! What was your setup. Marinade, wood use? Got a great skin on that and I doesn't look like it split at all. Good job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maxmbob

• WKC Ranger
Re: Broke out the roti
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2016, 11:48:03 AM »
Beautiful color! What was your setup. Marinade, wood use? Got a great skin on that and I doesn't look like it split at all. Good job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Travis.  The chicken on the right (in the finished pic or top while on the grill) has a Asian paste that I made up as I went.. Chopped garlic, ginger, lemon grass, green onion and jalapeno. Lime zest and juice of 1 lime. 1 table spoon of olive oil. Teaspon of salt, 2 teaspoons of agave syrup and a few shakes of red pepper flakes. This one had all kinds of flavor. Definitely a keeper

The other one has salt pepper and a mexican spice that I cant remember the name of right now. I can get it later if you want. Haven't cut this one yet.

As far as the grill I used the grill baskets on the side and a drip pan under the chickens. 50/50 lump and brickettes. A couple of handfuls of grapevine chips and a couple of blocks of oak. Cooked roughly 2 1/2 hours@ 225 - 240 degrees.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

WTB, Westerner, glen blue,