Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Gourmet Grate Basket - Too late for Mod Month  (Read 1489 times)

56MPG

• WKC Ranger
Gourmet Grate Basket - Too late for Mod Month
« on: October 07, 2016, 06:03:16 AM »
I have an 18.5 WSM, and upgraded to the SS Cajun Bandit charcoal ring. That left me with a spare ring, and I've been wanting to do something to bring long-lasting searing heat to the CI Gourmet Grate center section. A few nips and a single SS bolt, and Bob's your uncle! Should work fine for indirect too. Steak tonight - wings tomorrow.

Retired

firedude5015

• WKC Ranger
Re: Gourmet Grate Basket - Too late for Mod Month
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2016, 08:09:24 AM »
VERY NICE!...I wanted to do that with my stock 22 ring when i put the CB ring in, but the stock ring is awesome in my ranch

DarrenC

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2016, 09:29:18 AM »
Super Mod! 

This inspires me to get a gourmet grate system and charcoal ring from Weber.  If you know how I feel about accessories you'll understand what a testimonial this is :)
"There are a great many things one can learn to do without actually doing them - Grilling is not one of them" - Alton Brown

56MPG

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2016, 03:05:53 PM »
First run tonight - I love this thing! Made a batch of skewered sirloin chunks from Weber's New Real Grilling and equally skewered brussels sprouts from an Alton Brown recipe. So easy to go from sear to off heat. My baskets will get all lonely sitting on a shelf now.
Retired

cwmfour

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2016, 08:03:49 PM »
Very nice.  That will be great for wok or discada cooking.