Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: My first time doing pulled pork  (Read 1064 times)

varekai

• WKC Ranger
My first time doing pulled pork
« on: June 05, 2016, 06:43:52 PM »
So at 7:45 this morning I put a 5 1/2lb pork shoulder, that I had "doctored up" last night, on my Genesis Silver and got it settled in at 250 degrees. I had a hickory smoke cup that i used for smoke.Aside from that I was wingin it. I'm not a huge fan of bbq sauces, so I used the Bitter Orange stuff in the pic, a liberal amount of Tatonka Dust and kosher salt, crossed my fingers and prayed to the kettle gods. Well, 10 1/2 hours later it was at 185 or so and I took it off and wrapped it in foil and let it sit. I know, no towel or ice chest, I was WINGIN it, remember? An hour later I went in to start pulling it, AND THE GODS SMILED! As for me and my house, it turned out great! now I need to figure out what I wanna cook on my new red performer... Also a HUGE THANK YOU to you guys that post on here that helped give me the insight to feel that I could possibly pull this off! https://www.flickr.com/photos/varekai/sets/72157669388433295
CGA,GGA, jumbo joe, 3-18" kettles,22" blue,green,yellow and 2 reds, 1-22" lid mod for pizza, a genesis silver,2 Red SS Performers,2 26ers,1 red, 1 chief and a Ranch Kettle.

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
Re: My first time doing pulled pork
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2016, 03:39:47 AM »
Lookin good! Good job man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nate

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2016, 09:55:23 AM »
The pulled pork looks delicious! Nice job!

varekai

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2016, 08:13:58 PM »
Well tonight when I got home from work it was time for some pulled pork tacos. I reheated the shredded pork in my cast iron skillet, I was looking for a crispy texture, kind of like carnitas, Well, I got it... some tortillas, crema, guac, cilantro and onions topped with the crispy pork....YEAH BABY!!  unfortunately i failed to get pics, good news is theres enough to do it again tomorrow night!!!
CGA,GGA, jumbo joe, 3-18" kettles,22" blue,green,yellow and 2 reds, 1-22" lid mod for pizza, a genesis silver,2 Red SS Performers,2 26ers,1 red, 1 chief and a Ranch Kettle.