Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Your all time favorite Kettle from your collection.  (Read 6391 times)

greenweb

• WKC Performer
Your all time favorite Kettle from your collection.
« on: May 28, 2016, 09:22:21 PM »
All it takes is one kettle to start multiplying into array of different colors, models, and year code of many kettles.

Some non-grillfella may call this type of progression as sickness, disease, addiction, or whatever its called. It seems to be prevalent thing going on this forum.

Many of you seasoned grillfellas have an awesome collections and some of you may only have one or 2.  It does not matter.   This is not about how many, how rare, or vintage kettles is in your possession. 

It is about your most prized/favorite/will not part with kettle in your collection based on your own preference.  It may have some nice history behind it or personal attachment to make it your personal no.1.

I am sure most of us would love to hear why it is. Please include a pic. or pics of that kettle.

TFS in advance.

Jon

• WKC Ranger
Re: Your all time favorite Kettle from your collection.
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2016, 01:52:53 AM »
You first.

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2016, 08:13:17 AM »
My Spring Green Master touch.

This is the one that got me hooked on charcoal grilling this year.  In short few months, I am up to 6 kettles, 2 non-weber, and my Gas S-330. I like them all.

People rave about performer with convenience of gas ignitor and table. Versatility is great and I use it a lot, but  just not the same. I like the classic  3 legs, simple design kettles.

My MT is the one that started all the craze for me.  It's not a classic or vintage but love the color, all the features.  And also neat that it is Canadian only Special Limited Edition with production no. cut off at 500.  500 for 2 other colors and 1 color at 1000 production no.

I am no real collector like many of you and do not expect this to become a collector item in the future, but I just like it for what it is and enjoy looking and cooking on it the best.

Now lets see and hear what yours is.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 08:39:27 AM by greenweb »

Cellar2ful

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2016, 09:53:09 AM »

That would have to be my 1999 redhead MT.  Bought it new in 99 and it is my workhorse.  It was not my first Weber but my first that was a color other than black.  Last year I found the WKC looking for advice on cleaning and restoring it after 16 years of hard use and outdoor storage with no cover.  Caught the collecting addition in the beginning of this year when a relative gave me his MBH "texan" that has a spectacular faded patina. I now have a total of 9 kettles. 

In the shade, the fade is stunning.

but there is nothing like a redhead in the sunlight

"Chasing Classic Kettles"

weldboy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2016, 11:00:53 AM »

C code black, bought it for 5 bucks never been used

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Erich

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2016, 05:22:04 PM »
My 1970 Patent Pending Redhead.  My Dad bought it new.  He rarely used it.  Only for ribs, roasts and turkeys.  His go to grill was a Hibachi.

I finally got it when we helped my mom move into a smaller place.

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2016, 10:36:50 AM »
Right now, and probably forever, my Copper Performer Deluxe.  This was for all intents and purposes a trade between me and Jim Stephen CEO of Weber.

Here's the story; http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-kettles-accessories/simpsons-smokey-joe-21310/

There are others I like; My OTS; my first kettle, My black OTG; my mom bought it for me

But in the end it's the copper performer that wins!

SteveZ

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2016, 11:32:37 AM »
1999 Performer is my go to kettle for everything. I just sold my old go to 2002 Black Platinum that I used a ton over the past 8 years. I hated to see her go.

SSP Caribique, Black 2nd Generation Performer, 2018 Green Performer, 1970 MBH 26 Black (Fleetwood) with Roti, 1965 Thumb Screw 49er, (2) Black 18 OTG, 2017 Black Master Touch, Black Genesis Silver B.  E code 14 WSM, AH code 18 WSM, AH code 22 WSM,

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2016, 12:17:26 PM »
1999 Performer is my go to kettle for everything. I just sold my old go to 2002 Black Platinum that I used a ton over the past 8 years. I hated to see her go.

She's beautiful... Sigh.
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2016, 06:18:28 PM »
I am pretty attached to all of the kettles currently in my herd. They all have come to me in need of some TLC, which I have enjoyed providing.
The one that I would not part with at all is the 1965 Texan that I got from Brian. It required a lot of work, but has so much character that It has become my favorite. I pull it out of the store room and use it for a few cooks every couple of months.

A bunch of black kettles
-JC

Harbormaster

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2016, 04:03:09 AM »
I have 2 favorites. 1 is a Patent Pending 22.5 Avocado that my oldest bought for me. The other is an 18.5 thaat he whole family pitched in and bought. Not only are they in beautiful condition, they have sentimental value.
I've got Webers. 10 - WSMs, 5 - 22.5" kettles, 2 - 18.5" kettle, 2 - SJS, 2 - SJP, 4 - WGA, 1 vintage Coolie Pan
"Animal flesh cooked over an open fire is a sensible and essential part of a well balanced diet"

Wolf0503

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2016, 08:08:14 AM »
Has to be my first Grill. it was a 70's bright red the was my uncle's that got left with us. It started my grilling and smoking habit. So to speak.  Have to say my Gen 2 Performer is a close second though. That sucker has seen more smoke and is seals so tightly is getting hard to rotate even. 

Winz

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2016, 08:50:33 AM »
In an ongoing relationship with a kettle named Bisbee.

harris92

• WKC Performer
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2016, 09:02:11 AM »
I have two.  22" Custom Bar B Q Kettle & NOS Early 1970s Aristocrat (26" red)

« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 09:03:49 AM by harris92 »

Ted B

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2016, 09:31:10 AM »

My favorite as well and its not even mine!