Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Blue OTG question.  (Read 4355 times)

Darko

• WKC Performer
Blue OTG question.
« on: May 15, 2016, 08:44:01 AM »
When did Weber stop making the OTG in blue? The reason I ask, is that a guy at work is selling one. I talked to him and was told that it is about 8yrs old, the porcelain is in good shape with no issues, but the cooking grates may need to be replaced. 

swamprb

• WKC Performer
Re: Blue OTG question.
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2016, 10:32:09 AM »
I have an AU - 2012 Blue OTG and it is a shade lighter than the DD - 2000 Performer and Genesis Silver B I'm working on.

Two unknown dated Master-Touches and a Silver B gasser from long ago.

Not sure about color palates of the BLUES but the newer one I have is definitely lighter and doubt it is due to fading.
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2016, 11:03:56 AM »
My youngest is a 2009, so he's close. There is a C&B Performer in blue.
http://m.crateandbarrel.com/weber-blue-performer-deluxe-charcoal-grill/s379523

If it's a reasonable price, you won't regret grabbing it. Just dang pretty cookers.  Looking for a 3rd, since my daughters called "dibs" on both of these.
Obviously looking for a Glen Blue (who isn’t?😂).

Looking for anything Happy Cooker, including any re-branded as Montgomery Ward.  I’ve amassed a nice collection, but I’m missing a few still.  Let me know if you can help a fella out🤞

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2016, 11:30:35 AM »
2013 I am thinking. If the price seems right grab it.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2016, 12:17:25 PM »
Blue was terminated nation wide at the end of 2013. Still surprises me three years later as it is still a nice, classy yet contemporary color. I guess if they wanted copper to be in the main line one other had to go and maybe green was more popular I guess...

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2016, 12:45:18 PM »
Blue was terminated nation wide at the end of 2013. Still surprises me three years later as it is still a nice, classy yet contemporary color. I guess if they wanted copper to be in the main line one other had to go and maybe green was more popular I guess...

I guess I better be on the hunt for the BLUES from now on!!

I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2016, 12:54:39 PM »
It looks like the ones @brewtownbeatdown is showing. I'll probably go see it tomorrow. He's asking 75 canadian bucks for it.

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2016, 01:40:59 PM »
Good luck Darko

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2016, 02:44:52 PM »
He's asking 75 canadian bucks for it.
$75(Canadian) is about $58(US)
That's about the going rate for 'em. I paid $55 & $70 for mine, both with premium covers.

Hope you grab it!!!  Look even better in person.

Looking for anything Happy Cooker, including any re-branded as Montgomery Ward.  I’ve amassed a nice collection, but I’m missing a few still.  Let me know if you can help a fella out🤞

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2016, 04:10:09 PM »
Don't forget, these puppies are a lot more common in the US than here in Canada. In the past 3 months or so since the "Weberitis" took hold, other than the original Lime SJ I got, this is the first coloured kettle I've seen for sale. We have lots of various black kettles for sale but they typically aren't that cheap. Heck I see people selling(trying to sell)  3yr old Silver OT for 90 bucks because the new ones are 150 bucks.

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2016, 05:19:23 AM »
Don't forget, these puppies are a lot more common in the US than here in Canada........Heck I see people selling(trying to sell) 3yr old Silver OT for 90 bucks because the new ones are 150 bucks.
Then it's a steal at that price. Sounds like you've already made up your mind. You won't regret the purchase. Enjoy!!!

cbpeck

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2016, 12:24:59 PM »
Yep, end of '13. The latter ones are a lighter shade of blue, almost periwinkle, and speckled. Here's a true story:

In the Fall of 2013 I wandered into my local Weber dealer, and asked if they had a blue in stock. I wasn't planning to buy, just perv the lineup. He said, "no, but let me check the computer." A few minutes later he returned and said, "Weber has discontinued the blue, but they [Weber] have one more blue 22" OTG left in their warehouse. Do you want me to see if we can get it?"

I threw down my card, and picked it up later that week. To this day it sits in its box, unassembled, on a shelf in my garage. I don't have plans to use it, but that could change. I may give it to one of my boys as a house warming one day (they are 6 & 4 now).

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2016, 03:53:32 PM »
I picked it up today. Alas it was a lot rougher than I had hoped. Grates are pooched, Enamel on the bowl is crazed and buggered on one side, Lid has some damage around the rim.  Good news is I got it for 20 bucks. It's a DA code, so from 2001.

« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 04:24:14 PM by Darko »

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2016, 05:42:01 PM »
I'll give it a good cleaning tomorrow and see where I'm at.

firedude5015

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2016, 05:15:48 AM »
COOL!  I want a blue...got a blue SJ but I want a blue 18 or 22