Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Anybody got a black ashcan they don't want?  (Read 1704 times)

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Anybody got a black ashcan they don't want?
« on: May 30, 2013, 12:31:48 PM »
Gonna convert my DU (2002) OTS but as I understand it the black buckets are no longer supplied by Weber. And it's a black 22.5" so I think black would match best.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Duke

• The Duke
Re: Anybody got a black ashcan they don't want?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2013, 12:35:51 PM »
Just paint it.

cbpeck

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2013, 01:17:48 PM »
Yup. They only made the black ones for a few years. I just bought a new silver one directly from Weber and it came very clean & smooth. Just perfect for a coat of paint. In fact, I may paint it red to match the redhead it will mate with.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2013, 01:50:50 PM »
Fair enough --- should I use "BBQ grill" paint or engine enamel, or something else?
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

cbpeck

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2013, 05:57:19 PM »
If it were me I would probably use an engine enamel for heat resistance. About 550* should be sufficient. The black pans that weber produced were semigloss, if you want to make it look factory.

Bman

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2013, 06:42:31 PM »
I've always had gas...  And now a bunch of kettles because of this place.  Thanks!

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2013, 06:47:57 PM »
Wow, nice. Checking your thread out now, thanks.