Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: What is this?  (Read 6462 times)

ClubChapin

• WKC Ranger
Re: What is this?
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2016, 08:45:07 PM »
I took a look around at some of my gasser frames and the bottom frame tubes are either 23" or 24" long. I just restored a Genesis that had one of the star nuts rusted out (23" tube) and did the all-thread/acorn nut fix. Its pretty solid.

The Performer bottom tube frames are 33". Sorry nothing that long here at the Bone Shack!

The SS front panel on the Genesis can probably be made to fit as it's slightly longer than the front panel piece on an SSP.

How can the Front panel be longer than on the SSP and the Frame connectors be 10" shorter?

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2016, 09:08:48 PM »
I took a look around at some of my gasser frames and the bottom frame tubes are either 23" or 24" long. I just restored a Genesis that had one of the star nuts rusted out (23" tube) and did the all-thread/acorn nut fix. Its pretty solid.

The Performer bottom tube frames are 33". Sorry nothing that long here at the Bone Shack!

The SS front panel on the Genesis can probably be made to fit as it's slightly longer than the front panel piece on an SSP.

How can the Front panel be longer than on the SSP and the Frame connectors be 10" shorter?

I'd guess that the grill frames that swamprb has laying around are from smaller form factor grills.

Take another look at the Genny Gold B that you posted (the one with the SS lid) and also the grill the Bbqmiller posted.  There are 2 grates inside the cookbox of the grill and each of those grates are about 11 3/4 inches wide.  That makes the lower firebox alone to be roughly just under 24 inches from left to right.   Clearly, the SS piece is longer than that.   

My day is pretty packed tomorrow, but I'll try to get some pics with a measuring tape

Gpinch1

• WKC Brave
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2016, 06:57:06 AM »
I made my own stainless front panel for my Genesis 2000. That long front panel tends to rust as the lower lip holds
 water.

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2016, 12:06:36 PM »
@ClubChapin

Here's a pic showing the length of the SSP. ~35.25

Here's the length of my Gold C.   ~36.5 inches

Both front panels in question run just about from edge to edge, stopping perhaps 1/8th of an inch short on each end.    Ends are flat, meaning that they don't wrap around the uprights.      Looks like you should be able to cut ~1.25 inches off the Genny gold panel and drop it in.

As for the connectors, on the Genny's that I have, those pieces are welded. to the uprights.

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2016, 05:15:31 PM »
I've got a couple frames in the boneyard one is a single truss that is 23", and another thats a dual truss bottom frame that is 24". My Pellet Poopin' Kettle is on a dual truss 24" while my HotRod Coffee Roaster is a single truss 24" frame. They were 1000 frames to the best of my knowledge.

Measured my Genesis Silver C and its dual truss bottom frame pieces are 34"

The dual bottom truss frame pieces on my 2 SSP's are 33"

I had a 3000 frame that looked to pre-date the Red Platinum Series in the link

If it was closer I think you might be able to make it work. :-\

I'm not really up to date on the 1000/Genesis series but I have had a couple colored lids I swapped out with black ones only to find they didn't fit the ones I was replacing
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2016, 09:02:41 AM »

Always another surprising machine! Wok machine? That thing is awesome.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch