Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Smoked Teriyaki Chicken Legs  (Read 3386 times)

JDLones

• WKC Brave
Smoked Teriyaki Chicken Legs
« on: May 06, 2016, 02:21:39 PM »
It's been a while since I've been able to post anything. I've had a lot going on. Anyway, I tried something new tonight. I was craving some smoked chicken legs, so I thought I'd try teriyaki legs.

I snagged some chicken legs from Wally World this morning, and came home and put a rub on them. I didn't have any Asian-y rubs at the house so I mixed up some kosher salt, ground ginger, onion and garlic powder, cayenne and black pepper.

I parked them in the fridge for a few hours and mixed up a teriyaki glaze with soy sauce, honey, brown sugar, garlic, a bit of olive oil, and corn starch for thickening.

I got the grill going and dialed in around 325, and got the legs on with some apple wood for smoke.

I might have had a couple of frosty beverages while they were cooking.

When the legs were almost done, I brushed on the teriyaki glaze and cycled the legs over direct heat for a minute or two to set the glaze.

They turned out great. Juicy with fantastic flavor. I was wondering how the smoke and teriyaki would work together and they compliment each other well. I'm quite happy with them.

Thanks for looking, and I hope everyone has a great weekend and a happy Mother's Day!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I love the smell of wood smoke and cooking meat...
Weber OTG 22.5 and Jumbo Joe
Char-Broil Commercial Gasser

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Smoked Teriyaki Chicken Legs
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2016, 03:32:29 PM »
Looks good. Have a good weekend!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk