Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Charcoal Manager  (Read 3327 times)

dwnthehatch

• WKC Ranger
Charcoal Manager
« on: April 29, 2016, 07:58:46 PM »
I got an email from Charbroil about their new "Charcoal Manager".  I'm not completely sure what it does. It looks like it can be used for the snake method but it would be directly under the meat. It sells for $17.99.

A charcoal manager is a great way to keep your coals in line. The circular pattern allows you to position coals for direct heat and indirect heat. If you want half of your grill hotter, just stack the coals on one side. Try three different patterns. The compactness of the manager keeps the coals burning longer and hotter too.

http://www.charbroil.com/charcoal-manager

mrgoodbar67

• WKC Brave
Re: Charcoal Manager
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2016, 11:14:04 PM »
i saw this at walmart last week.  You can use the snake method placing the coals outside the manager border and inside the manager.  it billed the outside snake as the longest burning, the inside as the hottest and if you add charcoal into the center as well, as even hotter.  I dunno about that tho,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlRiZa9BPyQ

What you fellas think?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 11:16:17 PM by mrgoodbar67 »
-Custon SS 1998 Performer- with mods inspired by Idahawk, Winz, Zavod44 and a bunch of you here.
- Jumbo Joe with smoker mods

Jon

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2016, 12:47:12 AM »
Someone just invented the charcoal basket!

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2016, 03:10:50 AM »
It seems unnecessary for anyone that knows how to use the snake method already, but I've bought way less necessary BBQ gadgets in the past.

I don't understand how the center one burns hotter when there's no air vents in the metal for air flow except in the very middle part.
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

G19

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2016, 04:49:07 AM »
Something to take your money.  Targeted to those who do not know about setting up the snake method as previously mentioned. 

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2016, 04:53:14 AM »
I don't understand how the center one burns hotter when there's no air vents in the metal for air flow except in the very middle part.

Yup. My experience with charcoal says the charcoal sitting where there are no air holes won't burn very long if at all.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

Bbqmiller

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2016, 05:18:13 AM »
I agree - I don't see how it will work well with no means of air circulation.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2016, 06:37:24 AM »
The mysteries of both airflow and size make more sense once you watch their video for their Kettleman, which is both wider and puts coals higher than in a Weber. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blH8d75j6x0

I don't know how critical it would be to have even if you had a Kettleman but as with Weber's baskets it's another way to "keep 'em in line."
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

TheDude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2016, 09:24:39 AM »
The mysteries of both airflow and size make more sense once you watch their video for their Kettleman, which is both wider and puts coals higher than in a Weber. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blH8d75j6x0

I don't know how critical it would be to have even if you had a Kettleman but as with Weber's baskets it's another way to "keep 'em in line."

That video actually makes it look like a neat little cooker. Too bad it will be rusted out before long.
Still need a 22” yellow

havachat

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2016, 01:39:28 PM »
What I like about it if you wanted to roast longer than 3 hours at at that 325 plus if if you had two of this product once charcoal had ashed over you could quickly light and replace with a lit one. This would alleviate having to remove too much ash and muck around with it and keep cooking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk