Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: New Maverick 733  (Read 2390 times)

Bbqmiller

• WKC Ranger
New Maverick 733
« on: April 04, 2016, 02:38:54 PM »
Pulled the trigger and picked up a new thermometer. I always wanted to get one of these. I have an old ET73 that still works well, but I like the feature of using the dual probes for two food items. I picked up the nice lime green version from Amazon. Also came with some of those claws for pulling pork.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 02:42:47 PM by Bbqmiller »

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Re: New Maverick 733
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2016, 03:15:19 PM »
Sure hope they continue making this and the 732 in this age of WiFi and Bluetooth trends that won't reach across the street.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

oldfart

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2016, 10:27:06 AM »
How do you like it?
I'm thinking of getting one and can't decide on the 733 or 732
according to the "USE BY DATE" I've done expired

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2016, 10:44:17 AM »
How do you like it?

I can't speak for Bbqmiller but I always have to re-read the manual for my 733 for anything beyond a simple temp read. Changing meat settings, heat alarm settings must be done in a certain sequence and within a limited timeframe that I can't seem to remember. The display is fine but IMO the interface is horrible.

I don't know if the 732 is similar.

But I stick with it because of the two probes that can be used for anything and because the battery life for both units is great and the range can't be beat.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2016, 12:09:03 PM »
How do you like it?

I can't speak for Bbqmiller but I always have to re-read the manual for my 733 for anything beyond a simple temp read. Changing meat settings, heat alarm settings must be done in a certain sequence and within a limited timeframe that I can't seem to remember. The display is fine but IMO the interface is horrible.

I don't know if the 732 is similar.

But I stick with it because of the two probes that can be used for anything and because the battery life for both units is great and the range can't be beat.

I knew how to program it the first week or two I had mine.  Since then I'm not sure if I could do it without looking at the manual or not.  I have my high and low smoke temp set at 225 and 265 and never worry about setting a meat done temp.  I think if you program it a lot it gets easier, but I just don't have the need to program all of the alarms and such.

I have three of them now, two of which I use and a third as a backup to my backup.  I have no complaints at all and love the range.  Sometimes the range isn't as good as normal and is usually just due to low batteries.  I now have rechargable batteries so that I have fully charged ones ready to go every few cooks.
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

Uncle Al

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2016, 01:00:03 PM »
Nice.  I really like that lime green color!

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2016, 01:35:59 PM »
I'm with Al, I really like the color and dual probes would be nice. Might have to put this on Santa's list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bbqmiller

• WKC Ranger
New Maverick 733
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2016, 03:27:21 PM »
I haven't programmed it yet, but got it due to the dual probes use for anything as addicted mentioned.  I have just used it to monitor cooker temps thus far.  The range is good. I have the older models, and they still work just fine. I snuck the green one in an Amazon order that my wife had filled up with a bunch of stuff. She would probably shoot me if she knew there  were three of these  in the house.  The company is located just south of where I live I NJ.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk