Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: First Pizza Cook  (Read 3983 times)

WEBERNV

• WKC Brave
First Pizza Cook
« on: April 25, 2016, 07:26:15 PM »
Hi guys. I did my first pizza cook on Saturday. I bought the Pizzaque kit as a more affordable option when compared the the Kettle Pizza. No offense to the Kettle Pizza, it seems like a quality product. Over all we are happy with the performance of the Pizzaque and can see a lot of pizzas in our future!

Dough was Bobby Flay's and we used some homemade pasta sauce. I used 1 lit chimney of kbb followed by 1 unlit chimney and some apple wood chucks. Had enough heat for 4 pizzas at around 600 degrees. Average cooking time was 8 minutes.

Here are the pictures.

Thermometer actually wrapped all the way around.

And the final product.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
Re: First Pizza Cook
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2016, 07:28:16 PM »
Wow. It looks like you didn't need the dialing in time most of us have needed.  Very well done! The pizzas look great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2016, 05:31:14 PM »
Looks good from here. I don't have either, but I do have a ci pan. Nice cook bud!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WEBERNV

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2016, 05:38:36 PM »
Thanks guys. I think it was just beginners luck but we will have to see how the next batch does. Regardless, I love using my kettle and it is great having another tool and another excuse to be outside.

Jason

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2016, 04:09:54 AM »
Regardless, I love using my kettle and it is great having another tool and another excuse to be outside.

Exactly!

Beginners luck, or not, those pizzas look delicious!

JDD

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2016, 01:31:34 PM »
Nice looking za's
May The Smoke Be With You!

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2016, 10:28:51 AM »
Looks great to me!
OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

G19

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2016, 04:18:52 AM »
Is that the pizza kit that Home Depot sells?  I watched the videos of that and I was shocked that they used 10 lbs of lit coals and added 10 more pounds of unlit.  Is that how much you used? 

WEBERNV

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2016, 07:32:26 AM »
Yes, it is the pizza kit Home Depot sells. I don't think you could fit 20 lbs of charcoal on there. There is a cheap charcoal ring that goes in the center so you are not putting heat directly under the pizza stone, so that reduces the amount of room for charcoal. We used 1 lit chimney of kbb followed by 1 unlit chimney and some apple wood chucks. Had plenty of heat for the 4 pizzas we did. The only complaint that I would have is the fact that you have to take a 700 degree oven apart to shut it down when you are finished. Other than that it worked better than I imagined.

G19

• WKC Brave
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2016, 07:42:29 AM »
Check out this last video on this page showing what seems like a lot of coals.  I am uninformed just asking.
http://www.homedepot.com/p/PizzaQue-Pizza-Kit-for-Kettle-Grills-PC7001/205581858

WEBERNV

• WKC Brave
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2016, 08:27:37 AM »
I watched the video. If you watch it again, he says you use 10 lbs total. Fill a chimney with as much of the 10 pounds as you can and light them off. Then pour the light coals out and put the remainder of the 10 pounds (unlit) over the top of the lit coals. That sounds about right, I used probably half a 18 lb bag of KBB when we did ours.

Hope that helps!

G19

• WKC Brave
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2016, 11:10:32 AM »
Ah my bad thanks