Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: First look at the Performer Silver  (Read 1808 times)

ramsfan

• WKC Performer
First look at the Performer Silver
« on: February 27, 2013, 05:03:54 PM »
Hey guys, tonight I was at Lowes and got my first look at the new Weber Performer Silver. Immediately, I can say I wasn't too impressed. There were three things that really turned me off upon first inspection. First, was the new flip up side table. It felt really thin, cheap, and flimsy. It's made out of real thin sheet metal similar to aluminum wrap that you would put around your window trim. Trying to flip the table up and down a few times, it had waaaay too much flex and bending involved. Several times I got it stuck and couldn't figure out how to get it down. It made me yearn for the good old days when Weber used the heavy thermoset flip up tables. It was heartbreaking to see how the product has evolved to this?

The other thing I didn't like was that the two back wheels were the standard Weber axle wheels, while the two front wheels were swivel caster wheels. Since the grill is nearly square, it required you to have to maneuver it from one end and steer it in the direction you wanted to go. It would have been 1000% better to have put four swivel caster wheels on it. That way you could have pulled it straight out away from a garage wall or easily to the left or right. I was thinking that a person could remove the axle and back wheels and replace them with two more casters in the back? The caster wheels simply push up into the legs of the frame.

Third, the price seems a little high @ $229.00 for what you're getting. Personally, I think Weber should have tried to keep it below the $200 price point by pricing it at @ $199.00. Overall, it wouldn't be a bad grill if these three problems were addressed.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 05:09:09 PM by ramsfan »
This is the original Weber kettle. The most powerful bbq grill in the world and can blow your taste-buds clean off! So, you have to ask yourself one question: "Do you feel hungry? Well, do you punk?"