Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber 8844 -- GBS center grate lifter  (Read 2671 times)

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Weber 8844 -- GBS center grate lifter
« on: April 04, 2016, 07:47:27 PM »
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

TheDude

• WKC Performer
Re: Weber 8844 -- GBS center grate lifter
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2016, 07:51:34 PM »
Of course...
Still need a 22” yellow

GregS

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2016, 06:45:20 AM »
because using a spatula is too complicated?  haha

I only use kettles with lid bales.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2016, 07:47:27 AM »
Certainly not as sturdy
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2016, 04:23:41 PM »
I've been using my charcoal tongs to remove the center grate... gloved hands to place whatever I put on in its place..

OGlenn

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2016, 01:15:39 PM »
The longer bent needle-nosed pliers work great for lifting grates, moving around charcoal baskets, pulling the coffee can or vortex out, etc. Harbor freight has them for 4-5 bucks.
Uncommon sense seeker

GregS

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2016, 01:26:39 PM »
Certainly not as sturdy
you should see my spatula.  the center grate will bend before my spatula does.   ;)
I only use kettles with lid bales.

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2016, 01:43:11 PM »
I've been using my charcoal tongs to remove the center grate... gloved hands to place whatever I put on in its place..

exactly.

i've been using my 'charcoal tongs' longer than i've own ANY weber.
They're at least 10 years old now. They came in one of those shitty redwood grilling sets with the knives and skewers. From target I believe.
I still have the spatula, but only use it on butts, burgers, and fishes

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2016, 02:34:33 PM »
Oh for Pete's sake SHOW US TEH FREAKIN' SPATULA.

So I bought a $5 spatula the other day ... appears to be a sturdy "Steak 'n Shake" design ... the civilized members of the WKC will know what that is.

I haven't tried to use it to lift any grate but it seems as if it could. But the point is, why used one? It's not gonna be capable of keeping a balance I don't think.