Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: The @WeberGrills Smokey Joe Gets Her First Go After Spring Clean Up and Vent Mod  (Read 1953 times)

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
And what a ride she was!

Some Baked Potatos,  Onion with Beef Bullion Wrapped In Foil,  and of course Ribeyes!
  One with Montreal Steak Seasoning,  One With Salt and Pepper!

Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
What --- no lobstah?

:)
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
What --- no lobstah?

:)

Funny for as many as I handle on a daily basis I've never grilled one.   When I eat lobster I want it to be succulent and raking moisture out seems counterintuitive.   Lobster rolls are my go-to way of eating lobster
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
It's worth a try. Look up a few we've done on this site, myself w/ chuck_s, SixZeroFour and a few others have done them. They remain moist when you butterfly them open, load with some seasoned butter paste stuff, and cook for a just a few minutes. And remember, we all had to deal with grocery store supply. With boiling them for example, you'd never get that good charcoal smokiness.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
Yum! I'll take mine with s&p please! Wouldn't mind sampling some fresh lobster either!

Bustin Butt

• WKC Brave
You get the most out of your Smokey Joe. That looks wonderful.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
If it ain't smoked don't eat it!

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
It's worth a try. Look up a few we've done on this site, myself w/ chuck_s, SixZeroFour and a few others have done them. They remain moist when you butterfly them open, load with some seasoned butter paste stuff, and cook for a just a few minutes. And remember, we all had to deal with grocery store supply. With boiling them for example, you'd never get that good charcoal smokiness.

I'll try when the price gets down under $5lb.  Probably Late May/June.  And I'll look for your cook for tips, thanks 😀

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
@captjoe06  What did you use for the bottom vent mod? Just picked up a j/j and want to do the same. Thx

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
@travis here you go - http://northeastbbq.com/2016/03/17/webergrills-smokey-joe-lower-vent-mod/

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
@captjoe06 thx a bunch brother.