Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Working on some beef ribs tonight  (Read 1563 times)

AZ Monsoon

• WKC Ranger
Working on some beef ribs tonight
« on: March 28, 2016, 06:37:50 PM »
Stopped by the grocery store and decided I wanted to do beef ribs tonight. I don't have 6 hours though so 350 it is. Rubbed with a little soy sauce, then some Stubbs Beef Rub. Smoke via some hickory chunks.

AZ Monsoon

• WKC Ranger
Re: Working on some beef ribs tonight
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2016, 06:42:28 PM »
One touch plus fade is looking pretty dark....

AZ Monsoon

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2016, 06:45:40 PM »
Normal color when not hot

AZ Monsoon

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2016, 06:49:54 PM »
I ordered a clone kit of this beer to brew last week and was surprised to see it in the store. Crappy pic, but if my brew turns out anywhere close, I'll be happy. Oh, and the lonely Green Mountain Grill Daniel Boone pellet cooker in the background. I should really clean that up and sell it. Hasn't been used in a long time...

austin87

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2016, 08:47:43 PM »
How did the ribs turn out at 350?

AZ Monsoon

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2016, 08:57:08 PM »
Wow. These were amazing. Not because of anything I did, more so just because I did it. The normal rub, smoke, and then whatever it took to get them done. They ended up in the oven because I wasn't paying attention and my fire died. They aren't going to win any competitions or anything but awesome for a Monday night cook.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 09:11:53 PM by AZ Monsoon »

AZ Monsoon

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2016, 09:11:06 PM »
Oops. Put them in foil and added butter and brown sugar prior to placing in the oven. Also, opened up the foil and sauced them for the last 20 minutes or so - but you already knew this.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2016, 03:55:20 AM »
Wow. These were amazing. Not because of anything I did, more so just because I did it. ...

And there it is!

I helped make (or, watch) a clone of Two-Hearted Ale a while back. I picked it because I knew I could compare it to the real deal later. The one we did was OK but not recognizable as being accurate at all IMO, and this was put together by a shop, using their gear and the owner running the controls etc.

I splurged on some labels and slapped together this name and design:

It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

AZ Monsoon

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2016, 01:17:12 PM »
Cool label. Last night was the first I've tried Two Hearted. I saved one to see how my batch compares. Tasty brew.