Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: OBX Spring Break  (Read 1933 times)

LaTuFu

• WKC Brave
OBX Spring Break
« on: March 30, 2016, 11:35:15 AM »
A college buddy of mine has a place in OBX, we rent it a couple of times a year. My favorite time of year has been spring break for a long time. No crowds, usually perfect weather for relaxation and grilling. This week has been 65-70 and no clouds.

If you're a fan of military aviation it's a dream place too. NAS, NSWG, MCAS, and USCG all have bases within a short flight, so you get to see a wide variety of aircraft flying up/down the Strand.

This year I decided to buy my buddy a gift to say thank you for the house. Got him a Kettle to go along with the gasser that he provides. They had an 18 that has seen better days, so I replaced it with a 22 Premium. Hopefully most renters will ignore it or use it the right way.

I broke it in this week

I'll use it a couple more times before we head back.
Q2000; 26er; P Code MT; 22 WSM

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
Re: OBX Spring Break
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2016, 11:40:38 AM »
Great gift and nice cook! I've never been to OBX but I've heard great things
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2016, 12:33:52 PM »
Wow that is a nice gesture!

We stayed for a few days at a rental over Xmas that provided an 18 and between all the running around/touristy stuff and knowing one 18 wouldn't do much for 9 people it didn't get used.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

VAis4BBQers

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2016, 01:29:16 PM »
Awesome! I love the outer banks. Going in June! Ill be taking my 14 wsm down this year.
Crate n Barrel Grass Green - Target Copper - Blue OTG - 14 & 18 WSM

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2016, 08:57:28 PM »
I squeezed a GA and a 14 WSM into the family truckster for the trip last summer, and would have really appreciated a 22 for use at the house we rented.  This is a very kind gift indeed. 
One of the charcoal people.

order66

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2016, 04:43:00 AM »
Going to OBX for 4th of July week with 4 families. We have rented a 10,000 sq. ft. pimp shack. Can't wait. The unit has a Weber gasser, but one of the 4 SUV's will carry down a kettle.
-JDP
| 22.5 Master Touch |22.5 OTG |Pit Barrel Cooker| U-Lime SJS | Kettle Pizza| Akorn Jr. | Big Green Egg | Jumbo Joe | Blackstone Griddle | Pit Boss Classic |