Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Freedom Burgers  (Read 2432 times)

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
Freedom Burgers
« on: March 14, 2016, 04:16:57 PM »
Couple days after Christmas my common law wife of 9 years told me we were done. She then took off and returned saying she was gonna stay till she could move. Found out where she was and what she did when she took off so I kicked her out and changed the locks. The cops made me let her back in a week later and she just cleared out a couple weeks ago. Done a few steak cooks since my freedom occurred but I figured I'd do a write up for this one.

To help celebrate the occasion...........Dolly gets her first cook of the year:

Seasoned ground beef and a chorizo sausage are gonna be my burgers. A little bit of sausage meat in the center of beef is good for flavor and helps ensure a juicy product:

Using my Weber burger press I got from @LightningBoldtz last year as a present:

Burgers are on and the Yellow 18 has it's color change:

Meat is cooked and buns toasting:

Dinner.......burger is topped with mustard, toasted onion relish, arugula and mayo:

When I shut down my Yellow I use a different lid to lessen the heat stress....a pair of bees:

Got a smile on my face thinking of life without that woman.....smile, smile, smile.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 04:49:40 PM by MrHoss »
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

TheDude

• WKC Performer
Re: Freedom Burgers
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2016, 04:44:44 PM »
Congratulations! Feels good to get away from a shitty woman. I finally found a good one. They are out there.

Oh, and a damn fine burger. I love chorizo.
Still need a 22” yellow

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2016, 05:00:03 PM »
Thinking the end of BraveHeart - FreeeeeeDommmmm
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2016, 08:03:31 PM »
@MrHoss Good and Bad... Good you are free and bad you wasted 9 years with a woman that would piss you off like that >:(! Screw it! No more of that Crap Shit! I'm sure I can speak for all that know you and We Wish you the best on your

Dan
Shoestringshop 
Wife said "No more GRILLS in this house!" So I bought a 2nd house!

austin87

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2016, 10:04:19 PM »
Stay strong brother. Stay strong.

Good looking burger.

indy82z

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2016, 02:35:51 AM »
Congrats. I dumped a awful woman about 12 years ago and could not be happier. Found a wonderful new one and cant imagine anything without her.

Outstanding looking meal by the way!

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2016, 03:34:18 AM »
Good you are free and bad you wasted 9 years with a woman that would piss you off like that.....

Thanks Dan. She was poison to me but I did salvage something from those years. You see her oldest daughter started telling folks I was her Dad a few years ago. That kid is some special to me. No children of my own......I can't think of too much I wouldn't do for her. So it wasn't wasted time....at all.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

firedude5015

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2016, 04:15:29 AM »
Sometimes Freedom is a good thing. Great lookin burgers Hoss

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2016, 06:52:07 AM »
Good looking burgers...if those are really what burgers are.  I don't know what is real and what isn't anymore.  You mentioned changing the locks, but I was always told that Canada has low crime and people don't even lock their doors.  Now I don't know what to beleive!!!!!

I've been through a long term relationship or two.  It does feel good to get out of it if its not going to work out and I always felt like what I learned from it made me a better person. 
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

Idahawk

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2016, 08:19:32 AM »
" toasted onion relish " ?  Do tell , do tell [emoji4]

Mr Hoss your a good dude , sorry to here about the situation but I'm glad your happy and hopefully now you can move on.

I also had a BBQ after my first wife and I split , all I remember is the meat tasted like chicken and I served it with a bowl of fave beans and a nice Chianti

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Wanted plum/burgundy 18.5
WTB Color Copies of old Weber Catalogs

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2016, 02:31:30 PM »
Sorry about the stressful times you e been having, but sounds like better times are coming and very nice looking burger brother. Stay up!

MrHoss

• WKC Performer

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2016, 09:34:03 PM »
I like that yellow/black look!

SixZeroFour

« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2016, 08:20:25 PM »
Holy shit how did I miss this one Hoss?! I bet those burgers tasted amazing! 8)

Also great to see Dolly back in action ;D
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E