Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Work Table for Big Kahuna  (Read 3087 times)

Big Dawg

• WKC Ranger
Work Table for Big Kahuna
« on: March 08, 2016, 03:15:24 PM »
I still plan to turn the Weber 26 into a "Performer" but work on the contest cart for the two WSMs has to be completed first. 

In the mean time, I have a Weber Side Table from my 22 (Little Man) just taking up space now that I don't need it hooked onto the side of my Bullet.

Interestingly enough, the legs do extend to the exact length needed for Kahuna, but the clips will not let the lid close.

So, after a little heat from a blue bottle, as well as the assistance of a Vice Grip and a ball peen hammer, I got this:

And now I've got a great work surface until we get the cart built.

BD
The Sultans of Swine
22.5 WSM - Fat Boy
22.5 OTG - Little Man/26.75 - Big Kahuna

austin87

• WKC Ranger
Re: Work Table for Big Kahuna
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2016, 09:29:40 AM »
Nice. Really looking forward to seeing the carts for the WSMs.

And the 26" performer ;D

JDD

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2016, 09:44:33 AM »
Nice, I will do the same.
May The Smoke Be With You!

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2016, 03:22:18 PM »
Nice work, I also can't wait to see the double wsm cart!

Hell Fire Grill

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2016, 03:43:57 PM »
What you got in mind for your performer project?
You can't always get what you want....but if you try sometimes you get what you need

Big Dawg

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2016, 04:26:47 PM »
I'll post picks of the cart in a couple of days.  We still have a few more mods to make, but it's basically where I want it.

As far as the "Performer" cart for the 26er, probably about 30" x 50" and 36" or so tall.  Depends on what I finally decide about teh hole I have cut in the top sheet.  Stick a lid hinge on it and get rid the hanger.  Set it up so that the lid raises at a 45º to the table.  Right now, I'm not planning to duplicate the lighting system, I'm stocked up on wax cubes ! ! !

BD
The Sultans of Swine
22.5 WSM - Fat Boy

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2016, 05:56:16 AM »
@Big Dawg are you building a cart from scratch?
Wife said "No more GRILLS in this house!" So I bought a 2nd house!

Big Dawg

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2016, 01:30:24 PM »
@Shoestringshop:  Yes, well my son-in-law and his friend (both on my BBQ Team) are going to do the actual fabrication from my design.  My brother-in-law works for a company that build circuit panels for big box stores like Home Depot and chain restaurants like Chilis.  One of his buddies over there cut the top for me with a perfect circle.

BD
The Sultans of Swine
22.5 WSM - Fat Boy

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2016, 01:23:42 PM »
@Big Dawg

How this coming along?

We need some pictures
Wife said "No more GRILLS in this house!" So I bought a 2nd house!

Big Dawg

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2016, 03:38:43 PM »
Sorry guys ! ! !

I haven't started on the Performer cart for the 26er, but here are some pics of the first stage of the Smoky Mountain Cart:

If you decide to build one, think ahead about the measurements.  I gave my friend some start up cash and one of the WSMs as a guide, and before I could get over to help, he's cut everything and welded up the frame.  As you can see, if it had been a little bit wider - or a little bit shorter, I would have been able sit the WSM's in so that the hinge was in the back and the door was in front.  Instead, I had to sit them in there diagonally. 

It's not that big of a deal. I've gotten used to getting the doors on and off and having the hinge in the corner actually works better than having it in the back.  I will probably add another handle to the lid, down on the edge, at about 90º to help in closing it.

Back:

Electrical access to run the Gurus:

I don't know that we'll get much more done to it until after BBQ season.  But the plan is to maybe add some lights, wind breaks for the sides, and, of course, paint.

BD
The Sultans of Swine
22.5 WSM - Fat Boy