Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Product Review- X-Chef Heat Resistant Silicone BBQ Grilling Gloves  (Read 1867 times)

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
I was looking for a set of grill gloves to handle the Lodge Cast Iron Skillet.  When opening up all the vents on the pit and getting that cast iron searing hot, the last thing you want to do is forget that it isn’t a stove top skillet that you can grab the handle.  Often times you want to lift the skillet to redistribute the butter or cooking oil in the bottom of the skillet to coat the bottom.  Or you may just want to move it off the direct heat and over the section of the grill that doesn’t have the coals under it. After a little research I came across these X-Chef Silicon mitts for $9.99  There were similar mitts that looked exactly like these priced anywhere from $12.99-$54.00.  I decided for $9.99 I’d give them a shot.
xchef height=419
Oven Mitts Gloves, Heat Resistant Silicone Gloves BBQ Grilling Gloves for Cooking Baking Barbecue Potholder
Yesterday when cooking the smash burgers with my daughters I needed to press down on the back side of the spatula to flatten the hamburger and get a good sear on the meat.  I first placed the loosely formed round mound of hamburger down on the cast iron pan and then put a piece of parchment paper down and then used my hand to press the spatula down to flatten the meat into a patty.  After about ten seconds I felt the heat on the tips of my fingers get very hot very quickly.  So I slipped the X-Chef silicon gloves on and had no problem whatsoever.  I also lifted the large super hot cast iron skillet up no problem without feeling any heat at all.

wp-1457633770007.jpg
For the price of $9.99 I highly recommend them
Oven Mitts Gloves, Heat Resistant Silicone Gloves BBQ Grilling Gloves for Cooking Baking Barbecue Potholder
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 03:00:09 PM by Troy »
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Product Review- X-Chef Heat Resistant Silicone BBQ Grilling Gloves
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2016, 09:22:26 AM »
I have the same thing in orange but haven't used them much. I like them for handling pork butts but they don't insulate enough to carry a cast iron dutch oven for example.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

SmokenJoe

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2016, 11:24:15 AM »
Bought a couple pair of this style of gloves the last time they mentioned.  I only use them for adjusting/moving meat around  ...  so easy to clean the grease & dirt with just soap and water.   Have some welders gloves for high heat metal objects :)                                         SJ
"Too Beef, or Not too Beef" ...

Looking for Dark Blue MBH 22", Dark Green MBH 22", Yellow MBH 22", Glen Blue MBH 22", Avocado MBH 22".

Jon

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2016, 12:03:59 PM »
"Tell it to the ex-judge!"

Old SNL...

dwnthehatch

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2016, 08:59:25 AM »
I have similar gloves and have a hard time getting them off. They work great though.