Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: SnS Size for 26”?  (Read 283 times)

Chesapeake Weber

• WKC Brave
SnS Size for 26”?
« on: May 10, 2023, 06:04:33 AM »
I know they make a larger version for the 26”.  I also know the 22” fits just fine in the 26”.  For those that have tried both sizes in the 26”, any preferences to one or the other? 

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Re: SnS Size for 26”?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2023, 06:25:53 AM »
I like the one for the 26, I have both
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2023, 06:46:20 AM »
I have both and have never used the small one in a 26".  That said I really like the SNS XL with XL drip n griddle.  Works perfectly for air direction and the entire indirect side acts as a drip pan.  I cover the DNG with foil and cleanup is a breeze.  Another advantage of the XL I would say is more charcoal capacity.  Added a few pics of the XL for reference.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2023, 06:48:21 AM by bamakettles »

crowderjd

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2023, 08:06:08 AM »
My SnS lives in my Glen Blue 26er. It's just the standard SnS, and I see no need for the larger one.
Chasing the impossibles: Westerner, Custom, Meat Cut!

Big Dawg

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2023, 02:30:55 PM »
I only have the smaller SnS and use it all the time in my 26er.  AS mentioned, the only possible drawback is that the bigger one hold more charcoal.  On the other hand it, consequently, takes up just a little more grate real estate.

If you are only going to be using it in the 26er, then I think it's a coin toss.  But if you will be using a SnS in both, then, to me anyway, it makes no sense to buy 2 of them.  Get the 22 . . .

BD
The Sultans of Swine
22.5 WSM - Fat Boy
22.5 OTG - Little Man/26.75 - Big Kahuna

Chesapeake Weber

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2023, 04:51:13 PM »
Thanks folks.  I’ve got the regular one with DnG in one of my 22s that is setup for smoking with temp port and fan adapter.  It’s staying in there in all likelihood. 

I have a 26 that I’ll be mounting to a SSP frame and was thinking of adding one to that.  I think I would mostly use for grilling on that rig.  So sounds like the grill real estate would be the main factor. 

I’ll try out the one I have in there and see.  Hopefully the sale on the XL one on Amazon is still going when I get home.

Chesapeake Weber

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2023, 08:12:20 AM »
I tested it out.  While the XL would be slightly bigger, I think I’ll just stick with the one I already own.  Will use it in one or the other grill as needed.

For those interested, Amazon still has a 20% of coupon for the XL version.  Brings the price down to $124.  Wish they had stuck with welded manufacturing instead of rivets.   The 22” is also on sale currently on amazon for $105