Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: MEATSTOCK Festival 2016  (Read 9240 times)

swamprb

• WKC Performer
Re: MEATSTOCK Festival 2016
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2016, 04:39:39 PM »
This has been fun watching the Meatstock festval pics on facebook AND see  that local transplant Saffron Hodges takes it all!

Thanks for sharing these pics!
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2016, 05:14:59 PM »
Everything looked.... WOW! that's all I got WOW!
Wife said "No more GRILLS in this house!" So I bought a 2nd house!

Jon

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2016, 05:45:20 PM »
Nice consolation prize! It looks like you missed a great event, but we do what we gotta do.

Jason

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2016, 07:03:31 PM »
You guys have one awesome set-up there! I can only imagine the effort to put something like that together AND do all of that cookin. Thanks for taking the time to put up this post!

Hogsy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2016, 10:19:23 PM »
Thanks for all the kind comments. And Jason , yes it takes a helluva lot of organising and effort to put it all together. This by far is the biggest setup we've done. The response from all the punters is over whelming. The organisers love what we do and having people like Tuffy getting so much out of it and give us such great feedback keeps the motivation up to keep sharing the passion that has grown from the WKC community.
I'm only 2 or 3 kettles away from being that creepy guy down the street with all the Webers
                            WKC Collaborator
                        Viva La  Charcoal Revolution

Hogsy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2016, 10:30:50 PM »
Holy Copper Kettle @vmile !!!! Ya drop ya guard on for one day , one day and that pops up in your backyard.....I can't believe it , that's the first copper I've seen over here. Congrats on a great score and I'm glad it went to a WKC member and that you really went after it.
I'd love to see it have its own thread. And share it on the WKC Aussie chapter FB page
It was quite the weekend on gumtree...A copper 22, a RK, and a very, very rare never seen before SJ that Jocool managed to acquire. But that will have its own thread when it's in his hands
Another success for the weekend was the snake method on the Ranch's. We had 3 setup and nearly all our turn ins were cooked on them. I'll see if I can find some more pics
I'm only 2 or 3 kettles away from being that creepy guy down the street with all the Webers
                            WKC Collaborator

Jocool

• WKC Ranger
    • Sydneyangler Inc.
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2016, 12:20:59 AM »
Outstanding effort Hogsy and Team Weber Kettle Club Australia, no wonder Tuffy insisted they use your display/comp area as his background.
I could not get to Meatstock, (Wife's Birthday) so thanks for the photos and video link- just like being there.

On that point, I have a confession to make.
At about 8.00am Sunday morning I checked Gumtree (Our Craigslist) to see if anything was new.

This was new.

Just been posted, $100, North West Sydney, and COPPER colour, We do not see Copper Kettles much in OZ.
But it was not an option for me as I was booked in for Wife's birthday lunch with the family. (if I went after that kettle my life would not have been worth living.....).
Anyway, 20 minutes later the add had changed.. it was now $80, but must be picked up today.

Very tempting, but I went to the Birthday lunch, with the thought that Hogsy or one of his crew will grab this one up.(they live on that side of Sydney)

Got back from a very nice lunch, late afternoon, only to find the add still up. I could not work out why it was still there. Then the penny dropped. Hogsy and his team would have been competing at Meatstock.
So a quick text to the vendor, still available (he had had some lowball offers??? I mean this thing is rare here), I told him it would take me a one hour drive to get there, he said no problems. On the way there all I could think of was that Hogsy and his team would have to virtually drive past where this grill was on their way home.

Got there,grill still there, nice vendor who apologised for not having cleaned it (It was pretty clean, you should see the Weber Summit Gold D6 I am restoring- yuck). Lived all its life under a cover, AA vent stamp, European spec 57cm One Touch Premium, so basically a Mastertouch with the older style ash catcher, and without the Gourmet Grate, black handles and warming rack. Perfect condition, except for about one inch of rim-rash on the lid. He had been working in Dubai and had purchased there, and was getting rid of it as he was moving from a house to an apartment.

So I did not get to go to Meatstock, but I did have a good weekend.

And seeing how well Hogsy and Team Weber Kettle Club Australia represented us all, I am feeling just a little bit guilty.

Well, just a tiny bit guilty..................
Lucky we weren't around! That would not have lasted if I was able to get to it. But what till you see what I scored yesterday. 😉😉😉😉

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

If it breathes, we can cook it!

vmile

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2016, 03:32:25 AM »
At a guess, the yellow SJ ???????

SixZeroFour

« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2016, 09:57:39 AM »
Holy shit that looks like a ton of fun you guys. Very nice job on EVERYTHING!

Shirts, kettles, display, turn in's... it all looks just awesome. That's what it's all about right there - and way to represent!

I'm really digging the super thin band on the cado and also that grey rocking the roti set-up. Badass.

W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2016, 10:26:24 AM »
Awesome setup @Hogsy!  It seems like Weber should be giving you guys an official sponsorship!  It looks like it was one hell of a fun weekend.
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

SmokenJoe

• WKC Performer
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2016, 09:27:43 PM »
WoW  ...  you all look like your having SO MUCH FUN.   What a great time, thanks for sharing.                                  SJ
"Too Beef, or Not too Beef" ...

Looking for Dark Blue MBH 22", Dark Green MBH 22", Yellow MBH 22", Glen Blue MBH 22", Avocado MBH 22".

Winz

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2016, 01:13:52 AM »
@Hogsy @Golly @Jocool @evsky   Awesome job men!  The photos are great - you guys always seem to do it up right!

Another shot - Jess is showing the love on instagram:

Winz
In an ongoing relationship with a kettle named Bisbee.

Jocool

• WKC Ranger
    • Sydneyangler Inc.
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2016, 02:12:03 AM »
It was a great time. Can't wait for the next one.

Sent from my SM-T330 using Tapatalk

If it breathes, we can cook it!

Golly

• WKC Performer
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2016, 02:55:12 AM »
Gret pic @evsky
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 03:01:00 AM by Golly »
GET ON THAT SHIT
WONT TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER

Hogsy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2016, 08:37:08 PM »
                            WKC Collaborator