Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: What's On Tap?  (Read 2755 times)

• Happy Cooker
What's On Tap?
« on: January 08, 2016, 01:46:55 PM »
I often find that I need someone else to give me direction for weekend grilling because I can't make up my mind. 

So, what should I grill/smoke/bbq this weekend?

weldboy

• WKC Ranger
Re: What's On Tap?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2016, 02:10:30 PM »
I'm going to hopefully do a picnic shoulder. Welcome to the club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2016, 02:33:59 PM »
How about a fatty?  You can take this basic instruction but change up the ingredients to whatever you want to.  I did one a few months ago and it was awesome!
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

weldboy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2016, 02:38:45 PM »

How about a fatty?  You can take this basic instruction but change up the ingredients to whatever you want to.  I did one a few months ago and it was awesome!

Fattys are great do what Mike said....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2016, 02:41:49 PM »
Here is the first fatty I did.  It was really good, but I think I might use less italian sausage or none at all the next time....ended up tasting too breakfasty despite having a pizza filling.

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/bbq-food-pics/my-first-fatty-under-way/
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2016, 02:45:15 PM »
Yep, both are on the list that I'm not able to narrow down.  That's okay, because for this weekend my wife chose for me (was there another outcome??).  Grabbed some asada meat to pair with a grilled corn salsa. 

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2016, 03:02:47 PM »
Fatty's could always go on along side a shoulder and would take a lot less time...makes for a good snack 1/3rd to 1/2 way through a long smoke.

stellato1976

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2016, 03:11:43 PM »
BEER CAN chickens
Stay grilling  my friends!!!!

Jason

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2016, 04:04:06 PM »
Tonight will be some quick and easy chicken teriyaki, with sticky rice.

Tomorrow will most likely be a tri-tip cooked over some red oak, hand delivered from Santa Maria!  8)

Oh, a couple of growlers from Rip Current should be arriving shortly too.  ;D
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 04:06:19 PM by Jason »

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2016, 05:25:42 PM »
I often find that I need someone else to give me direction for weekend grilling because I can't make up my mind. 

So, what should I grill/smoke/bbq this weekend?

Just browse the Cooks, Pics and Recipes subsection here. You'll find lots of inspiration.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

chuck s

• WKC Brave
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2016, 05:37:12 PM »
my approach is "what do I have?"   and then "how do I cook it?"   that is where the search section comes in handy on this site!!