Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Pizza Brats  (Read 2436 times)

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
Pizza Brats
« on: December 06, 2015, 08:43:55 PM »
Sometimes I really love living in southeast WI. It's December, and the meat cases are loaded with multiple varieties of fresh brats. The cases will be that way all winter.  I stopped & found some Pizza brats Friday night. Came up with this idea & thought I'd give it a trial run.

Threw 'em on the Weber with some coarse ground hot dogs.
Chopped up some Vidalia onion & sautéed them with some Parmesan, Basil, Garlic butter.

Cut a Pillsbury pizza crust into six pieces. Laid the pieces right on the rack in the oven. Baked for 5 minutes to form a "pizza crust bun"

Pulled the brats off the grill.  Layered some mozzarella in the crusts. Put a brat in the crusts & layered a little more mozzarella.

Put back on the grill for 3 minutes.

Topped with the onions & some pizza sauce.
Tasted phenomenal, just weren't pretty. I'll have to give this another try in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Obviously looking for a Glen Blue (who isn’t?😂).

Looking for anything Happy Cooker, including any re-branded as Montgomery Ward.  I’ve amassed a nice collection, but I’m missing a few still.  Let me know if you can help a fella out🤞

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
Re: Pizza Brats
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2015, 10:22:36 PM »
Looks good.  Innovate way to make them.  I still give you credit for cooking at the frozen tundra...bravo!
OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

Saugust

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2015, 04:08:12 AM »
Don't give him too much credit! It's not that cold up here . . . Yet. But lots of credit for the innovative brat. And you're totally right, the brat selection is good right now, and cheap!

Growing family = growing kettles!

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
Pizza Brats
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2015, 05:14:01 AM »
Don't give him too much credit! It's not that cold up here . . . Yet. But lots of credit for the innovative brat. And you're totally right, the brat selection is good right now, and cheap!

Just said it was December, not that it was cold. This is my kind of winter weather. Hope it stays.

Lake Geneva Country Meats...I'm sure you've been there. Not cheap, cheap though.

Looking for anything Happy Cooker, including any re-branded as Montgomery Ward.  I’ve amassed a nice collection, but I’m missing a few still.  Let me know if you can help a fella out🤞

Jon

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2015, 05:49:31 AM »
That looks good. And your address does sound cold.

Saugust

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2015, 05:52:42 AM »

Just said it was December, not that it was cold. This is my kind of winter weather. Hope it stays.

Lake Geneva Country Meats...I'm sure you've been there. Not cheap, cheap though.

New to the area down here, was an hour north of Milwaukee before we moved in August. Haven't been over there yet, but I'll have to go check it out! And you're right about winter, no tears from me that it's not -10 yet. I imagine we'll get there, but I won't be upset if we don't!

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2015, 07:17:02 AM »
@Saugust

Plan on spending a few dollars there.

Since you're new to the area, you should head to Gurnee Mills to get some Portillos. You'll get hooked.

Tommy B

• WKC Brave
    • @tommybrooker
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2015, 08:50:31 AM »
what a great idea. I try to hang with you midwestern folks when it comes to brats but  I am always a step behind in Texas! Great cook!
Hotty Toddy!

austin87

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2015, 10:38:18 AM »
That looks like a really fun cook, great work!

BBcue-Z

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2015, 01:33:12 PM »
Very unique and sounds very tasty :)

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2015, 04:56:45 PM »
That is an awesome idea! Looks great!

Saugust

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2015, 07:52:03 PM »

@Saugust

Plan on spending a few dollars there.

Since you're new to the area, you should head to Gurnee Mills to get some Portillos. You'll get hooked.

Aw crap. Gurnee Mills is like 15 mins from the house. [emoji12]

Luckily Lake Geneva is further!