Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Restore questions  (Read 894 times)

crowderjd

• WKC Ranger
Restore questions
« on: November 25, 2015, 11:35:11 AM »
Hello all.  I'm restoring an H code brownie in STL and I'm encountering some problems. 

1.  The legs won't come out of sockets for life of me.
2.  Welds on legs bad...two coming loose.  Pics to come
3.  One touch sweeps broke in bowl and cemented in place.

Right now hints on getting legs out without breaking sockets priority one.  Thanks!
Chasing the impossibles: Westerner, Custom, Meat Cut!

MINIgrillin

• WKC Ranger
Re: Restore questions
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2015, 11:46:38 AM »
Gonna have to twist the legs loose. Use some penetrating oil. Don't rock em out.  Just get em to break loose at first and once they move keep feeding em oil. They should get more and more free. Once they get to a good quarter turn of play then start pulling. Good luck sir. 
Seville. CnB performer:blue,green,gray. 26r. 18otg. Karubeque C-60.

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2015, 02:02:29 PM »
The H code may be one of those years where the inside of the socket has a bit of a nipple that locks the leg in.

Use a penetrating oil to free up any gunk, soak it for a few days and then hose it out so you can get loose debris out.
lube it up again, either with the oil or with silicon grease, twist back and forth and back and forth and back and forth while gently pulling away from the bowl.

I would probably fix sockets first.
Or wrap the socket in masking tape and then duct tape so you can grip it with a pair of channel locks or a pipe wrench

good luck!

crowderjd

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2015, 02:16:08 PM »
Yup it had the nipple.  Oil, oil, oil, then I put a screwdriver in the holes at the base of the legs then tapped the screwdriver shaft with a hammer till they came out.
Chasing the impossibles: Westerner, Custom, Meat Cut!