Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: $20 plum SSP -- high heat plum/burgundy paint?  (Read 1442 times)

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
$20 plum SSP -- high heat plum/burgundy paint?
« on: November 16, 2015, 06:14:26 PM »
Has anyone found a good high heat paint match for the plum/burgundy kettle? Picked up a plum SS Performer last week that has some bowl crazing/scarring issues. In addition to the crazing, it needs a new ignitor and burner tube. It came with a 1/2 full 5 gallon tank (perfect timing… my red SSP just ran out!) and a not-quite-half full bin of charcoal. Lister was originally asking $40… she quickly accepted my counter offer of $20.  Not a bad score at all! I probably won't be giving it a full clean-up/restore until spring. Too busy with too many projects on my plate right now...

Here is the lister's original photo.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 05:07:05 AM by Bob BQ »
BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"

swamprb

• WKC Performer
Re: high heat plum/burgundy paint?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2015, 02:32:56 AM »
One reason I collect Redheads is the paint is an easy match with Dupli-Color Engine Red.

If it were me, I'd buy a can each of Red and Dark Blue and mix it in a small containers until you reach the desired shade and use a touch up brush to lay it down.

Stove-Brite has a lot of colors but nothing remotely Maroon.
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!