Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: **Pellet Poopin' Kettle Mod!!**  (Read 5595 times)

swamprb

• WKC Performer
**Pellet Poopin' Kettle Mod!!**
« on: November 07, 2015, 02:46:53 PM »
I love the Pellet Pro 22" WSM conversion from Smoke Daddy & Cajun Bandit, but the thing lacked mobility, so I decided to build a cart for it. I had plans to use a Blue Performer Touch 'n Go for the cart, but once I got into it, my idea didn't pan out.

The Performer was spared but a Weber 1000 frame was not so fortunate! Instead of using the WSM, I decided to sacrifice an "EE" Silver with daisy vents, cut a section of the bowl and bolted the pellet hopper to the kettle.

Made some cuts to the frame, added some braces to the bottom of the frame, coat of paint and start assembling.

Using the WSM center that I had converted to a rotisserie and cut a flange from a donor bowl to use a kettle lid.

The hopper assembly is bolted to braces on the wheel frame and fit inside the housing and the kettle is secure to a brace on the caster end.

Added a Cajun Bandit door, repurposed the slat tables from the 1000, a tool holder from a Genesis, and I've got something with a little versatility. It is about the same footprint as the WSM conversion, but mobile.

Still a work in progress, I'll be adding IKEA handles, some thermo probe mounts, clean up or replace the wood slats, (possibly fab a stainless steel table) and mount a heat diverter.  I just hate Daylight Savings time!!

Stay Hungry!
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

blksabbath

• WKC Ranger
Re: **Pellet Poopin' Kettle Mod!!**
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2015, 03:16:32 PM »
That is simply badass.  Very nice.

Hell Fire Grill

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2015, 03:21:04 PM »
Thats some serious Redneck Tech right there swamprb!

With all the electronics it might even be a step away from redneck.
You can't always get what you want....but if you try sometimes you get what you need

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2015, 04:04:30 PM »
That's pretty boss!
Helluva an amount of ingenuity

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2015, 07:21:33 PM »
Looks phenomenal. Love it.
BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"

Jon

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2015, 09:37:22 PM »
That is very  nice work. It will be great to use.

I have a Genesis 1 cart just laying around not earning it's keep...maybe it needs to do something other than get parts stacked on it.

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2015, 04:16:02 PM »
So, here we go! Inaugural cook on the Pellet Poopin' Kettle Mod. Nothing fancy, Okie Dust seasoned chicken wings @275* with a kicker of smoke from a Maple Mojobrick Qube.

Stay Hungry!
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

jfbincypress

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2015, 06:08:49 PM »
Interesting project

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jfbincypress

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2015, 06:09:15 PM »
@halfpint89

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2015, 07:47:04 PM »
Cook # 2 Running out of daylight!

1.5 lb Choice Flat Iron Steak seasoned with Wicked Que 180 Brisket rub.

225* with a Cherry Mojobrick Qube.

Cooked to 135* internal, rested then sliced on the bias against the grain. Like butta!

Stay Hungry!

jfbincypress

• WKC Brave
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2015, 07:50:53 PM »
Beautiful cook!

Santo

• WKC Brave
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2015, 04:58:33 AM »
Great project, but a bit of bad luck that it wasn't ready for Mod Month.  More importantly, the cooks look delicious!

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2015, 03:42:34 PM »
Great project, but a bit of bad luck that it wasn't ready for Mod Month.  More importantly, the cooks look delicious!

Not to worry, I have more Mods up my sleeve!

Qreps

• WKC Brave
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2015, 06:59:02 PM »
Great mods super trick!