Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: a little bit of griddle vittles  (Read 1925 times)

mrbill

• WKC Ranger
a little bit of griddle vittles
« on: September 27, 2015, 12:53:19 PM »
so it didn't rain today. really pleased about that because it meant I would be able to use my newly acquired globe grill griddle courtesy of @SixZeroFour and @Idahawk
so the first cook was breakfast for lunch. nothing too fancy just some bacon and eggs for me and the munchkin and some French toast for the wife. no plated pics.

warming up in the performer

bacon on

French toast done

eggs done

and a teaser shot of part of cook #2 which will take place in a while(i'll edit this post with the rest of those pics after they happen)

update- be very careful with your amounts of the above teaser ingredients. I wasn't and while not bad, the end product was way too salty. anyway, here's the rest of the pics from my second griddle cook.

burgers on, beer consumption initiated

closer shot of the patties cooking in the grease of the morning's bacon

weird huh? well I didn't share all of my burger tips in the burger tip thread, here's two more.1- room temperature cheese melts faster and more evenly than cold cheese 2- steamed cheeseburgers are best cheese burgers(after placing cheese slice on patty, cover with an upturned bowl or in the case of multiple patties, baking dish). that's what's happening here. and it doesn't take long at all, just make sure you have some kind of liquid sizzling under the topper(in this case bacon grease, but you can squirt a bit of another fluid around the patties as you're covering them).

bam!

while the patties were resting, I toasted some buns on the griddle. topped mine off with a bit of sweet baby ray's sweet honey bbq sauce

that's it, thanks for looking.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 03:23:12 PM by mrbill »
Seeking New York Giants MT For A Price That Won't Break My Bank

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
Re: a little bit of griddle vittles
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2015, 03:40:45 PM »
That's awesome, nice cooks
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"
8 MBH, 2 WoodDale, a SCG, and other stuff, including Pellet grills.

feeshrman

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2015, 04:13:18 PM »
I like that griddle! You defiantly have good taste in beer and food.

mrbill

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2015, 04:28:34 PM »
thanks guys. especially you LB, wouldn't have it w/o you. feeshrman(I think as a group we'll have to shorten it to fm, kinda like we do LB for the guy above you),  it's great. they're hard to come by(as a group, I think we've only documented 3 or 4, this one included) here's a link to how I got mine, LB has a post in there with some advice on search terms if you want to try and find your own.

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/off-topic/never-expected-i'd-be-doing-this/

Jon

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2015, 05:54:04 PM »
Good food. And really a nice nice grill.

I've been fascinated by the discada, and watched a lot of videos, but have held off because everyone that cooks on one does a stir-fry.

This griddle looks much more useful.

mrbill

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2015, 06:21:59 PM »
Good food. And really a nice nice grill.

I've been fascinated by the discada, and watched a lot of videos, but have held off because everyone that cooks on one does a stir-fry.

This griddle looks much more useful.

I had the exact same thoughts and that is why I wanted one as soon as I saw it posted here.

feeshrman

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2015, 06:37:25 PM »

thanks guys. especially you LB, wouldn't have it w/o you. feeshrman(I think as a group we'll have to shorten it to fm, kinda like we do LB for the guy above you),  it's great. they're hard to come by(as a group, I think we've only documented 3 or 4, this one included) here's a link to how I got mine, LB has a post in there with some advice on search terms if you want to try and find your own.

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/off-topic/never-expected-i'd-be-doing-this/
just call me feesh, that's what they do in another forum in which I am associated. Thanks for the link to the griddle! 

SixZeroFour

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2015, 11:25:22 AM »
Start to finish that was excellent Bill! I swear I can smell bacon just looking at that second shot :) and the burgers... they look SO good!
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2015, 05:16:23 PM »
Nice way to break in that griddle! Cooks look great!

weldboy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2015, 05:26:04 AM »
All that food looks great especially the burger and the griddle looks killer! I must find one.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk