Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber Rotisserie???  (Read 1772 times)

Lumpy Coal

• WKC Ranger
Weber Rotisserie???
« on: September 20, 2015, 04:28:27 PM »
I am thinking I should get a rotisserie ring for my 22" kettles however I have a few questions. 

1. I've heard there is a newer model from Weber without tabs that seals better, does anyone know the product number?  I thought weber site said 2290 and that ls what Lowes and Home Depot say on their website but on their pictures I see tabs. 

2. Is it really worth the price they want for it?  I mean really?!

3. I've read people say cajun bandit is way better....how so?  I'm thinking exchange rate and shipping will probably drive the cost up. 

Thanks in advance for your input.

Jocool

• WKC Ranger
    • Sydneyangler Inc.
Re: Weber Rotisserie???
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2015, 08:18:26 PM »
The tabless version has been out for a couple of years. If you're offered a tabless version, it's probably old stock.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

If it breathes, we can cook it!

Yaroslav

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2015, 02:54:20 AM »
Hi,

I haven't tried Cajun Bandit, but it looks similar to Weber Rotisserie. When it comes to Weber Rotisserie I paid £150 for it and I think it's worth it. It's dead simple to use and you don't have to about turning/supervising anything. It doesn't matter are you doing quick or long cook, it will work great with perfect results every time.

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2015, 03:57:04 AM »
@Lumpy Coal , I have one with tabs and it works fine.  It's a fairly snug fit.  The roti is worth every penny.  I love mine.
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

Grizz

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2015, 07:57:54 AM »
I get a lot of use out of mine.  It's one of the newer ones without the tabs.  I got it off ebay for around $100 because the motor was listed as broken.  Which didn't matter much, because I had planned on going with a battery powered motor anyway.  One of the best accessories I got for it is a kabob set made by Napoleon.

firedude5015

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2015, 11:15:50 AM »
I love my roti...easy to use and everything i cook turns out great.
Mine is a weber..2290..no tabs..works awesome

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk