« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2015, 07:04:46 PM »
Won't the heat kill the flowers??

Wait, you can cook on these things?  :o

Damn, what will they think of next!?!?   ;D

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
Re: RRR?
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2015, 07:09:30 PM »
This forum is a bit slow sometimes.  Yes it's not as active as some I've been involved with but on the bright side, your posts wont get lost ion the croud so easily.  I cook on my 93 performer almost daily.  I'm trying to keep it loking good and I may tear it apart and repaint the frame over the winter.  I have noticed that the most activity is in the charcoal grill threads, and yes the rare and unusual or teh horribly mamed do attract a lot of attention, but face it, those things are interesting.  I do look for recipies and gooking tips here too sometimes, but there is a ton of other resources for that on teh web.  This is the best source for infor on weber charcoal kettles.  I just wish that the info on the gassers was easier to find.  There are a crap ton of $20-$25 gassers in my area that nbeed some RRR desparately, but it has been tough finding the smae sort of datiung and model information taht you find here on the charcoal grills

Jones, make a thread in the gasser section asking about dating gassers and I'll tell you everything I know on teh subject.

CharliefromLI

• WKC Ranger
    • Long Island Weber Club
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2015, 06:27:20 AM »
Let the lookers look.

Let the cookers cook.

There is something beautiful about seeing a 60 year old kettle in a wacky color that looks brand new.
There is something beautiful about seeing @1buckie cooking on twelve kettles at once and each cooker has been put through the ringer.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. To each their own. I've gotten the same great satisfaction out of some restoration jobs, that I've gotten out of some of my cooks because they both come from the same place: The willingness put time and effort into doing something that most people can't or won't do.

The results of your efforts should be the personal payoff, not the feedback from the internet. Don't do it for them, do it for you.
Starting LineUp: Summit Charcoal Grilling Center, Ranch Kettle, Genesis E310, SJ Gold MiniWSM, the JETTLE,
Alumni: Performer Dlx, 22.5" WSM, 26" OTG, 18.5" WSM, 22" OTP

brettbrown

• WKC Brave
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2015, 07:14:36 AM »
Let the lookers look.

Let the cookers cook.

There is something beautiful about seeing a 60 year old kettle in a wacky color that looks brand new.
There is something beautiful about seeing @1buckie cooking on twelve kettles at once and each cooker has been put through the ringer.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. To each their own. I've gotten the same great satisfaction out of some restoration jobs, that I've gotten out of some of my cooks because they both come from the same place: The willingness put time and effort into doing something that most people can't or won't do.

The results of your efforts should be the personal payoff, not the feedback from the internet. Don't do it for them, do it for you.
I agree with everything you said, with exception to the last paragraph. I didn't cook to see if you guys would like it. I don't need approval form the internet. I thought it was something I haven't seen cooked a lot on here and maybe it would spark some interest. I brought it up to make my point. I felt like the WKC was leaning more towards the "show and shine" area of collecting, which I have learned that that has really been the focus all along.
I found this place because I was researching a rare kettle that I own, but I stayed to learn and cook.

brettbrown

• WKC Brave
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2015, 07:19:06 AM »
I think you all are missing to point. I didn't bring up my cooking thread to whine about nobody commenting on it. It was to validate the point I was trying to make.

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2015, 07:56:13 AM »
I do agree that WKC is heavier on collecting than the cooking aspect. However I think the needle has begun to move however SLOWLY towards the cooking boards seeing more traffic. I encourage you to continue to share with us your cooks and your kettle(s). Everyone here brings something to the table. I tend to appeal to guys like 1buckie for low and slow advise, he comes to me for kettle age or history advise. Want to build a mini/stubb kettle? Ask pbe gummi bear. Want to clean your kettle, ask SixZeroFour. Cooking advise? Nate, 1buckie, Winz, yourself, MacEggs the list goes on and on. Everyone has their specialty or specialties. We are multi faceted when you get down to it. One of the things I have always loved about WKC is that we can have fun and have a sense of humor about things without a bunch of holier than thou attitudes telling me I can't have fun or say this or say that. Some of that fun and humor has been lacking lately.  We need to bring that back to the forefront. The other nice thing is we can gripe or vent or bring up issues without fear of retribution. Anyways keep doing what your doing. Stay hungry and don't be a stranger here. The more the merrier.

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2015, 11:06:32 AM »
@brettbrown 

Always up for a good cook.....was going to chime in on that thread & stamp out the crickets, but triedness & WAY too much to do got in the way......
I've been itchin' to do pork belly for awhile......I get it (two orders) every time the wife & I go to dim-sum.....

The forum waxes & wanes between showing & cooking.....sometimes there's just a ton of interesting finds happening & it will seem like that's all that's going on at the time.......rest assured, people are COOKING !!!!!!
Smart & Final now has clod roast.......between that & the pork belly.....things could likely swing the other way soon........ 8) 8) 8)
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"