Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Steaks for my Dad's Birthday  (Read 3054 times)

SixZeroFour

Steaks for my Dad's Birthday
« on: September 08, 2015, 09:25:37 AM »
I am blessed with the best parents in the world. They are loving, kind, understanding, supportive etc. etc. and the list goes on! But now that I am a parent and father myself I find that the respect and admiration that I have for them only continues to grow. Like I said, I am blessed! So when my Dad and I were talking a couple weeks ago we got on the subject of his looming birthday - he asked that rather than having gifts that we just celebrate by having a family BBQ instead. I was thrilled with this and of course decided to make one of his fav's (and ours!) - STEAK. We were supposed to have my sister and brother-in-law over as well but they just returned home from the hospital from having a baby (Happy Birthday Papa!) so it ended up just being the 6 of us including our 2 boys.

Here are some shots of us enjoying a beautiful day. I am in love with the side table! I made some new legs that were taller so that it sits nice and flat beside the 26r - blog post to follow soon! This is one of those extremely well thought out "they don't make them like they used to" accessories. Perfect size, nice and stable, tool hooks at the far end of the table to support the weight under the legs, cloth ring right up front where you need it.... and then it can be disassembled in less than a minute and stashed away giving you the patio back when not in use.

Let's get started! Steaks and gus' onto the grill...

Some essentials 8) ...

Smoke smells so good!

Added some Applewood smoked bacon up on top so that the juices baste the steak while cooking :Drool:

Throw on the garlic toast and some pineapple for a sweet snack...

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is the last known picture of this glorious food!

Great food, Great Family - Great times!

Thanks for looking!

Matt
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 11:00:16 AM by SixZeroFour »
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

Lumpy Coal

• WKC Ranger
Re: Steaks for my Dad's Birthday
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2015, 10:35:24 AM »
That look great man!  One thing I seem to struggle with when doing these multi food meals is timing. I guess it just takes practice.   

Idahawk

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2015, 04:06:38 PM »
   Looks to be a fine meal and a special day for sure . The 26er is looking first rate with that killer old side table on it !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Wanted plum/burgundy 18.5
WTB Color Copies of old Weber Catalogs

austin87

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2015, 04:07:43 PM »
Agreed, really nice spacing to bring that meal together! Happy birthday to your pops!

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2015, 05:22:06 PM »
Steaks and everything look great, I'm sure your dad was very pleased!

TheDude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2015, 06:16:32 PM »
Happy birthdays to all. Meal looked great. Love me some grilled pineapple. Nothing more satisfying than cooking for loved ones.
Still need a 22” yellow

joness105639

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2015, 01:13:22 AM »
what was the asparagus wrapped in?  That looks good!

einrej

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2015, 02:49:05 AM »
Steak just as it should be.
Family, 1954-55 Weber Bros Metal Works Kettle,
1979 A-code Redhead 22, 1983 E-code Black 22, & a Rowley Miracle Fire Maker

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2015, 03:22:52 AM »
Excellent dinner, good call on your dad's part, that is the way I like it, no presents just family and food.  Memories will outlast any gift.

the more I see that slide aside 26er, the more it is on my list of items to sit next to my performer as a main cooker.  the space is very nice.  I had the aristicrat but I would like the ash bucket and slide aside lid if it is going to be a cooker.
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"
8 MBH, 2 WoodDale, a SCG, and other stuff, including Pellet grills.

SixZeroFour

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2015, 08:02:58 AM »
what was the asparagus wrapped in?  That looks good!

Thanks! - They are wrapped first in provolone and then in some Prosciutto... highly recommended!

the more I see that slide aside 26er, the more it is on my list of items to sit next to my performer as a main cooker.

You'd love it LB [emoji106]

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2015, 05:35:00 PM »
Ok...ok. Great looking food, Kettle....and the side table is very smart. But what I wanna know is what kinds of comments did you get while you were taking the pictures? Cause when I pull that shit I get all kinds of flack....some with barbs some with laughs.

Fourth shot is the winner....by far.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

jamesnomore

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2015, 06:01:12 PM »
Nice looking steaks, wish I had one now.
WTB: Genesis Jr.

SixZeroFour

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2015, 06:15:11 PM »
But what I wanna know is what kinds of comments did you get while you were taking the pictures?

No comments - they were all hungry and I was the cook so nothing but smiles all round ;)

... Nah I'm pretty lucky man - the whole family is pretty cool about it all.