Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: While the wife was at work  (Read 4030 times)

tb80

• WKC Ranger
While the wife was at work
« on: August 22, 2015, 11:07:28 AM »
I decided to line up the Webers. Last time I did this she had the flu, she got mad at the number of grills I had, and I ended up having to sell an 18.5" WSM as part of our settlement. I hope this doesn't end up in a similar manner. Although, I am planning on selling the green one touch gold and taking the black three wheeler to my folks' place.

I don't really have any rare webers, but I really like my 1998 red master touch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 12:40:17 PM by tb80 »
Looking for Blue Mastertouch or Blue Performer. 

Currently have: Performer (Green); 22.5 Mastertouch (Red); 26.75 OTG;  22.5 WSM; 18.5 WSM; Jumbo Joe; SJS (Green Uline); SJG (used for Mini WSM); Blue SS Performer; Blue MBH; Summit

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
Re: While the wife was at work
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2015, 11:14:00 AM »
lol, I'm telling. 8) I like the range of your collection.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

tb80

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2015, 11:24:15 AM »

lol, I'm telling. 8) I like the range of your collection.

Thanks. It's not as impressive as most of the other guys here, but it is a start.

Currently have: Performer (Green); 22.5 Mastertouch (Red); 26.75 OTG;  22.5 WSM; 18.5 WSM; Jumbo Joe; SJS (Green Uline); SJG (used for Mini WSM); Blue SS Performer; Blue MBH; Summit

Saugust

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2015, 11:51:22 AM »
Awesome collection! Keep on cooking and she won't care so much.
Growing family = growing kettles!

TheDude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2015, 12:39:22 PM »
Awesome collection! Keep on cooking and she won't care so much.

That's where I'm at. She thought I was crazy at first. Couple months of constant grilling, and I have the all clear. Pickings are slim around here though. She even came out of the garage the other day and said... Honey. Did you know we are down to 200lbs of charcoal?
« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 12:42:55 PM by TheDude »
Still need a 22” yellow

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2015, 10:34:11 PM »
Great collection, i think if it serves your needs then you have a good collection, size matters not to quote a little green guy! ;D ;D
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

Lumpy Coal

• WKC Ranger
While the wife was at work
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2015, 01:52:13 AM »
I have two kettles(one is a performer) both black....you have a beautiful collection.  My wife does the "how many BBQs do you need" thing, then I show her some pictures of other's collections and say "don't ask questions you don't want the answer to".  Plus the family really likes the good eats too.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 02:58:57 AM by Lumpy Coal »

tb80

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2015, 05:19:47 AM »
She loves the food that I grill, she just doesn't like all the grills taking up so much space. I just try to convince her that they all have a separate purpose.

mcgolden

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2015, 05:44:55 AM »
I go through this all the time with my wife. Not sure how old you are but I just tell my it's how I'm handling my midlife crisis. I get a look and then she ignores me.

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2015, 06:58:24 AM »
I go through this all the time with my wife. Not sure how old you are but I just tell my it's how I'm handling my midlife crisis. I get a look and then she ignores me.
This. [emoji106]

Actually, this whole thread!

[emoji51]
A bunch of black kettles
-JC

Harleysmoker

• WKC Brave
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2015, 04:21:07 PM »
Nice group of grills there. I don't know how I would handle a wife complaining about my grills or telling me how many "I Need" or any other interest I had. A couple of months ago she wanted a new sewing machine, I told get the one you want, get a good one, don't buy the cheapest one. $350  later she has it. I never said anything other than it looks nice. She never said a word when I ordered a brand new 22" Weber Smokey Mountain either. Its a 2 way street.

mcgolden

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2015, 05:03:05 AM »
Nice group of grills there. I don't know how I would handle a wife complaining about my grills or telling me how many "I Need" or any other interest I had. A couple of months ago she wanted a new sewing machine, I told get the one you want, get a good one, don't buy the cheapest one. $350  later she has it. I never said anything other than it looks nice. She never said a word when I ordered a brand new 22" Weber Smokey Mountain either. Its a 2 way street.

Get back to us when your wife has 10 sewing machines, and we'll see how you feel.  :(

Just kidding of course.  It's totally not the same thing. ;D

Harleysmoker

• WKC Brave
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2015, 03:17:26 PM »
Lol

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2015, 03:43:48 PM »
Great line up!
My wife just reminders herself of all the other worst ways I could spend my money/time

tb80

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2015, 06:07:12 PM »

Not old enough to be going through a mid life crisis. We have kind of reached an amicable impasse where as long as I tell her when I get a new one, and as long as I get rid of one when I get a new one, she doesn't gripe too much.