Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber Bros Metal Works grill....  (Read 3995 times)

harris92

• WKC Performer
Re: Weber Bros Metal Works grill....
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2015, 03:35:33 AM »
@Craig @Mr Hoss

There is another blue area on the same wheel (not seen in the above pic).  The spray pattern is as if "something" was moving (i.e. the wheel or the spray gun).

Hofy

• WKC Brave
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2015, 07:32:26 AM »
Very nice!  I would leave that one as original as possible.
EE Kettle, 1974 JBK-360 Key Lime "The Fairway" , DR Genesis Gold

Idahawk

• WKC Performer
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2015, 09:23:08 AM »
Trying to figure out the coating thing on the pan ?  The color is a common one in vintage grills as well as other metal items from the era. What I don't get is why coat the bottom of the pan ?  Same with the blue one , why bother ?  If those pans are stamped Aluminum theres no need to coat or protect them , is it possible those early stamped pans are sheet metal or something else and they wanted a rust barrier to protect them ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Wanted plum/burgundy 18.5
WTB Color Copies of old Weber Catalogs

harris92

• WKC Performer
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2015, 11:16:19 AM »
@Idahawk  The utility pans on both of my Weber Bros are not aluminum. The look more like sheet metal.

Trying to figure out the coating thing on the pan ?  The color is a common one in vintage grills as well as other metal items from the era. What I don't get is why coat the bottom of the pan ?  Same with the blue one , why bother ?  If those pans are stamped Aluminum theres no need to coat or protect them , is it possible those early stamped pans are sheet metal or something else and they wanted a rust barrier to protect them ?

Idahawk

• WKC Performer
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2015, 11:34:58 AM »
  I thought my square edge pan was sheet metal too , but it turned out to be aluminum. I could see why they changed the metal , the aluminum pans break off  at the tip where it meets of the front leg , it's to soft of material.

Wanted plum/burgundy 18.5
WTB Color Copies of old Weber Catalogs

harris92

• WKC Performer
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2015, 01:03:42 PM »
Locally, Ed Reilly has a Weber Bros very similar to yours.  I inspected his grill a few months ago. His utility pan is made of a different material than both of mine.

I thought my square edge pan was sheet metal too , but it turned out to be aluminum. I could see why they changed the metal , the aluminum pans break off  at the tip where it meets of the front leg , it's to soft of material.