Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Charcoal Comparisons and Review - Now Live on the Blog  (Read 4367 times)

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
Re: Charcoal Comparisons and Review - Now Live on the Blog
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2015, 07:53:27 PM »
I like to use briquets in a snake / fuse.  Wondering how these would perform with that?

Okay, Matt … I count 4 full-sized Weber chimneys … How many does one Grillfella need?  Do you have more?  ;D ;)
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

CharliefromLI

• WKC Ranger
    • Long Island Weber Club
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2015, 03:27:58 AM »
I must be the only one that likes Kingsford Blue when it's igniting … Seriously, I do.  :) :)

@MacEggs Scientists say that smell is the sense most tied to memory. I would never use lighter fluid but everytime I smell it I get flashbacks of family picnic BBQ's of my childhood. I dont care for the smell of lighting KBB but i know its the smell that means something great is about to happen... :)
Starting LineUp: Summit Charcoal Grilling Center, Ranch Kettle, Genesis E310, SJ Gold MiniWSM, the JETTLE,
Alumni: Performer Dlx, 22.5" WSM, 26" OTG, 18.5" WSM, 22" OTP

einrej

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2015, 03:36:34 AM »
Great write up Matt! Thank You
Family, 1954-55 Weber Bros Metal Works Kettle,
1979 A-code Redhead 22, 1983 E-code Black 22, & a Rowley Miracle Fire Maker

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2015, 05:24:30 AM »
Great write up, thank you!
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

Smokin Seymour

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2015, 05:28:58 AM »
good info!

Johnpv

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2015, 06:26:04 AM »
Awesome write up, and I totally get the idea behind using the same weight amount.  Though I think it would be interesting to compare the ash amount for the same amount of briquettes too.  Really nice job here.  I'm a big fan of Stubbs myself as most this board probably knows by now. 

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2015, 08:02:42 AM »
As a person that loves the smell of K blue (hell I love the smell of lighter fluid too once in a while) I finally tried Stubbs last night and I love the longer burn time and consistency. Smells good too! Less ash and the longer burn came in handy the way I do my chicken/breasts. 30 minutes indirect then finish off over the flame to 160. Usually with K my bed of coal is pretty reduced and I find I have to use more K for the same 3 split breasts than I had to with the Stubbs. I only used a quarter of a chimney of Stubbs vs three quarters of K.