Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Picked up a brownie today  (Read 820 times)

crowderjd

• WKC Ranger
Picked up a brownie today
« on: August 17, 2015, 07:08:14 PM »
After the sweet yellow @Bob BQ picked up in St. Charles County earlier this week, this brownie appeared just two miles from my parents:

I texted my sister (who still lives in STL and was unaware of my growing Weber obsession) if she could pick it up, and after some very skeptical questions as to why I would want this, she agreed.  She's a peach ;)

Anyway, she went and got it for me today, I asked for some pics in the sun, as it is hard to gauge how it looks in the shade, and here's what she sent me:

Not perfect, but I think it will clean up really nice, courtesy of the restoration guides listed here on WKC.  I love the color of the bottom bowl in the light...Can't wait to see the top in the Las Vegas sun. 

Now here's the downside...this will sit in my parents' basement until Thanksgiving when I'm back in STL and will ship it back to myself.  But I was curious, and I have a CRAZY idea...could I box this up and check it as baggage on Southwest airlines?  I know Southwest will accept boxes, but is this going too far?  Has anyone tried anything like this?  Let me know! 
Chasing the impossibles: Westerner, Custom, Meat Cut!