Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Genesis Junior Restore  (Read 29111 times)

AZogas

• WKC Brave
Re: Genesis Junior Restore
« Reply #90 on: August 16, 2016, 02:59:45 PM »

Sent from my SM-G900V using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

56MPG

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #91 on: August 16, 2016, 03:27:08 PM »
I don't even want to guess what the previous owner was doing under the hood! That is some impressive flavorizer fungus. Are the burners burnt through or just rusty? Might be salvageable, but I doubt it by the looks of it. This little grill really heats up by the way, I had no trouble pegging the thermo on mine. Looking forward to the after pics.
Retired

56MPG

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #92 on: May 03, 2017, 11:06:34 AM »
One of the things we've all faced with these frames (and Performers are included) is the rusted out star nuts in the cross members. This frame was no exception, but I came up with an easy solution. Using a long piece of 5/16" threaded rod, I found that a 5/16" ID washer is the exact size to fit inside the tube, and center the rod when you replace it. Presuming the star nuts are gone, sandwich a washer between two nuts, making sure there is enough thread on the end to fit through the cross member and allow an acorn nut on the outside.

Wanted to edit this to reflect the size of the all-thread is indeed 5/16", not 5/8" as I originally stated. This grill has moved on, but I'd pick another one up in a heartbeat - especially if it was a particular color I like.  ;D
Retired

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #93 on: May 03, 2017, 11:28:54 AM »
@56MPG Like black
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

56MPG

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #94 on: September 19, 2018, 01:43:08 AM »
For anyone still watching, I bought this grill back and it gets used a lot. The Jr. may be the most underrated gasser of them all! I am also experimenting to mod a full size burner tube to fit. Will report on that when I get it done, or fail trying.
Retired

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
« Reply #95 on: September 19, 2018, 09:38:19 PM »

For anyone still watching, I bought this grill back and it gets used a lot. The Jr. may be the most underrated gasser of them all! I am also experimenting to mod a full size burner tube to fit. Will report on that when I get it done, or fail trying.

Definitely keep us posted on your burner tube experiment!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"