Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: This is funny...  (Read 1972 times)

ramsfan

• WKC Performer
This is funny...
« on: January 30, 2013, 09:39:00 AM »
Look at this grill this guy is selling. When the guy assembled it, did it ever occur to him how he was going to roll it around on the two wheels? Look at where the wheels are in relation to where the pull handle is. Some people aren't too bright. lol

http://newjersey.craigslist.org/hsh/3574794391.html
This is the original Weber kettle. The most powerful bbq grill in the world and can blow your taste-buds clean off! So, you have to ask yourself one question: "Do you feel hungry? Well, do you punk?"

Jeff

• WKC Performer
Re: This is funny...
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 09:48:07 AM »
That's a long standing pet peeve for many of us on here!  Makes you wonder. 
Obviously another person too proud to read the instructions manual!!
Kettle collector AND cooker!

reillyranch

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 10:56:24 AM »
There needs to be a name for these types of knuckles heads. 

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2013, 11:39:00 AM »
That gives me a headache every time. 
One of the charcoal people.

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2013, 07:22:59 PM »
The dreaded CADDYWAMPUS gag! That irritates me like when I see Smokey Joes on display at the local Ace and the damned wingnuts and screws are installed inside out.... oh and when the WEBER logo on the handles are installed upsidedown.... Call me a build snob, call me what you want, it's laziness, it's mediocrity!  >:( Unless of course you got a broken or weak leg socket or some structural circumstance on a vintage kettle that you've restored, theres no reason for it on a new one. Unless it's your "thing".  ::)  I'm sure theres someone out there that actually prefers their legs mounted caddywampus.  There I think I've covered about everyone.....
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 07:27:08 PM by Craig »

kaz

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2013, 07:38:25 PM »
Is it just me or are about half of all the kettles on craigslist put together this way? Sometimes I'm amazed these people can even get a ad posted. We need a forehead slapping, face in your hands, ashamed emoticon sometimes. If there was a arrow on the front leg pointing up that said handle, this guy would still get it wrong.
#grubdubs

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2013, 10:51:57 PM »
The dreaded CADDYWAMPUS gag! That irritates me like when I see Smokey Joes on display at the local Ace and the damned wingnuts and screws are installed inside out.... oh and when the WEBER logo on the handles are installed upsidedown.... Call me a build snob, call me what you want, it's laziness, it's mediocrity!  >:( Unless of course you got a broken or weak leg socket or some structural circumstance on a vintage kettle that you've restored, theres no reason for it on a new one. Unless it's your "thing".  ::)  I'm sure theres someone out there that actually prefers their legs mounted caddywampus.  There I think I've covered about everyone.....

Deviously insane people, off their medication, who are actually evil geniuses
 & are doin' it JUST 'cause they know the folks at Weber Kettle Club will be irritated.....
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

Hogsy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2013, 03:14:04 AM »
Ok so what do we call this condition?
Really it's not rocket science putting a set of legs on a GA
http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com.au/viewitem?itemId=300878664612&kw=300878664612

I'd love to see what he does with the vents?
I'm only 2 or 3 kettles away from being that creepy guy down the street with all the Webers
                            WKC Collaborator
                        Viva La  Charcoal Revolution