Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Mini Ranch Kettle Side Tables  (Read 11695 times)

swamprb

• WKC Performer
Mini Ranch Kettle Side Tables
« on: July 11, 2015, 07:28:46 PM »
From the moment I saw the Mini Ranch Kettle mods done by Stu, I had been thrashing side table ideas for the 26.75" around.

I took a chance on a set of Stainless Steel Side tables for the Primo Large & XL Oval that were listed on craigslist. BNIB, they were asking $50 OBO and they came home for $40! They were not quite a perfect fit to the Mini Ranch frame, but the brackets are bent at the same angle the legs are positioned, so I cut some 3 1/2" spacers and attached them to the table brackets and bolted them to the frame.

I really am pleased with how well they fit on the Mini Ranch. The only down side is the Weber cover does not fit over them, but I solved that problem by picking up a closeout Kamado Joe cover that does the trick!

Enjoy!
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Mini Ranch Kettle Side Tables
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2015, 07:38:44 PM »
From the moment I saw the Mini Ranch Kettle mods done by Stu, I had been thrashing side table ideas for the 26.75" around.

I took a chance on a set of Stainless Steel Side tables for the Primo Large & XL Oval that were listed on craigslist. BNIB, they were asking $50 OBO and they came home for $40! They were not quite a perfect fit to the Mini Ranch frame, but the brackets are bent at the same angle the legs are positioned, so I cut some 3 1/2" spacers and attached them to the table brackets and bolted them to the frame.

I really am pleased with how well they fit on the Mini Ranch. The only down side is the Weber cover does not fit over them, but I solved that problem by picking up a closeout Kamado Joe cover that does the trick!

Enjoy!

Swamp you're the bomb !!!!!

Send this man another prize (of some sort?) !!!!
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

SixZeroFour

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2015, 07:42:20 PM »
Excellent mod swamp! The whole setup looks factory perfect to me!
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2015, 08:09:23 PM »
Great looking mod for sure, i need to find that thread for the mini ranch kettle mod.
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

Hogsy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2015, 08:48:42 PM »
Awesome Swamp!!!
Did you have too drill into the frame?
I'm only 2 or 3 kettles away from being that creepy guy down the street with all the Webers
                            WKC Collaborator
                        Viva La  Charcoal Revolution

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2015, 11:17:45 PM »
Awesome Swamp!!!
Did you have too drill into the frame?

Yes indeed!
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

Red Kettle Rich

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2015, 12:19:07 AM »
Where is Stu's thread on making the mini-ra?nch
Looking for a RED 26" Kettle & a tabbed no leg RED 22" Kettle near STL. Copper Sam Adams SJ anywhere 8)

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2015, 05:35:03 AM »
Very nice!

Josh G

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2015, 08:03:48 AM »
Great job. That looks fantastic!

Matt_T

• WKC Brave
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2015, 05:18:49 PM »
I'm in...

Great work @swamprb! This looks incredible. Now just one request - I would also like to see the longer lid handle added to your list of mods for this beast. The one that was on the OT Deluxe (http://www.ereplacementparts.com/weber-1361001-one-touch-deluxe-kettle-grill-parts-c-193079_193086_193485.html). That way you can open it up like a Ranch and slide it back into the catcher.

Thoughts?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 05:23:47 PM by Matt_T »
Keep it simple stupid

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2015, 06:51:39 PM »
I'm in...

Great work @swamprb! This looks incredible. Now just one request - I would also like to see the longer lid handle added to your list of mods for this beast. The one that was on the OT Deluxe (http://www.ereplacementparts.com/weber-1361001-one-touch-deluxe-kettle-grill-parts-c-193079_193086_193485.html). That way you can open it up like a Ranch and slide it back into the catcher.

Thoughts?

It is kind of awkward lifting the 26.75" lid from the top, and I have considered placing a handle in the front. I'm not feeling the new style - it might look out of place with the bowl handle below it?

Matt_T

• WKC Brave
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2015, 07:14:29 PM »

It is kind of awkward lifting the 26.75" lid from the top, and I have considered placing a handle in the front. I'm not feeling the new style - it might look out of place with the bowl handle below it?

I'd like to apologize up front - I love to think outside the box and tinker. You have a great thing going here and as is, its perfect. I have a few screws loose when it comes to mods and I love to think of new ways to get things done. 

With that said - I hear you but I would still have to find a resolution to the awkward lift. If it was me I'd get it and tape it to the lid using painters tape and look at it for a few days before I did any drilling. Maybe you can turn the lower bowl lid into a tool rack of sorts by modifying a tool rack or make your own [emoji12]. Then use that existing hole to mount your newly made tool rack.

Keep it simple stupid