Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: a boring recipe  (Read 1638 times)

huntergreen

• WKC Brave
a boring recipe
« on: June 29, 2015, 07:20:35 AM »
cooked a flank steak sunday.  marinaded over night in italian dressing, lime juice and a tablespoon of honey. cooked to a nice medium rare.   

Jeff H

• Smokey Joe
Re: a boring recipe
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2015, 08:02:14 AM »

Metal Mike

• WKC Ranger
    • The Best Podcast in the Universe
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2015, 08:06:47 AM »

Beef Bacon?
...BOBBING FOR COALS IN MY KETTLE

AcrossFromHoss

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2015, 10:15:59 AM »
Doesn't sound boring to me. Sounds like you packed that beef with flavor. Sometimes I just salt and pepper a steak and its a beautiful thing. Nothing boring about BBQ......other than boneless skinless chicken breasts. They're pretty boring lol 😁
"Seeing pictures of a nice steak without viewing the middle is like seeing a nice pair of tits in a bra. You tease!!!!"
 22.5 black OTG kettle, 18.5 WSM, Jumbo Joe

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2015, 10:49:46 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8LOLswfTkQ   ;D ;) ;)

Yeah … Pics would have been nice …  8)
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

huntergreen

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2015, 02:19:58 PM »
if i knew how to post pics i would. guess i will have to get my daughter to show me.

bbquy

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2015, 05:41:55 PM »
Sounds great! I just did one tonight. I marinated in olive oil, onions, fresh garlic and a squirt of Sriracha sauce. Cooked it to med. rare like you did came out nice & juicy! Sorry guys no pics, my cell phone was dead.

AZ_MIKEY

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2015, 06:02:46 PM »
Somewhere there is a how to thread on posting pics. I use tapatalk app on my phone to do it. Pretty easy and straight forward using it. Look forward to seeing pics of your next cook!
Looking for--- a yellow mbh any size, sequoia ( I know I am dreaming), avocado any size, brownie any size.

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2015, 06:14:24 PM »
Doesn't sound boring to me. Sounds like you packed that beef with flavor. Sometimes I just salt and pepper a steak and its a beautiful thing. Nothing boring about BBQ......other than boneless skinless chicken breasts. They're pretty boring lol 😁

@AcrossFromHoss  ....at this point, I call your attention to.....

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/grilling-bbqing/i-'fixed'-bland-dry-tasteless-boneless-skinless-chicken-breast/msg165118/#msg165118

@huntergreen  pics aren't an absolute, but you know how InterToob BBQ hounds can be......

A lot of folks use PhotoBucket, which is free & there's a basic how-to here:

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/kettle-club-discussions/how-to-post-pictures-here-at-the-wkc/

It's at the top of the Website Issues & Suggestions section.....there's also a direct way to load up pics here, but I'm not yet versed, but someone who knowscan help with that......

"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

AcrossFromHoss

• WKC Brave
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2015, 06:47:15 PM »
^^^ Its amazing how grill fellas think alike sometimes. I was talking to Hoss a week ago about doing a skin on bone in chicken Cordon bleu on a kettle. Your boneless skinless version is brilliant nobody's going to miss the traditional breading when you can have bacon!!! I'll lay off the boneless skinless criticism but those bones and skin are a lot of deliciousness being left out of the party and make a great soup/stock base for lunch the next day ( I add wild rice, onion, carrot, celery and a splash of cream) 

Also on the to do list is a cordon bleu fatty using ground chicken instead of the pork with the bacon weave.
"Seeing pictures of a nice steak without viewing the middle is like seeing a nice pair of tits in a bra. You tease!!!!"
 22.5 black OTG kettle, 18.5 WSM, Jumbo Joe