Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Master Touch in COPPER  (Read 7651 times)

BuddyJLee

• Happy Cooker
Master Touch in COPPER
« on: June 24, 2015, 02:32:21 PM »
Hey all, please join me in the movement to encourage Weber to offer the new Master Touch model in the awesome copper color they offer the original Kettle in. Even if you don't like that color, help me out b/c the only thing that's keeping me from getting a Master Touch right now is it not being offered in Copper!

I've already reached out to them and they said that if they get more interest it could be made available. WILL YOU HELP ME???
Use this link to let them know you want them to add Copper as a color option (it's only black right now) for the Master Touch:

http://help.weber.com/ask/

Idahawk

• WKC Performer
Re: Master Touch in COPPER
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2015, 02:59:06 PM »
Make one brother :) only thing stopping you from that is being on the Internet :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Wanted plum/burgundy 18.5
WTB Color Copies of old Weber Catalogs

Rick S

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2015, 05:14:54 PM »
Make one brother :) only thing stopping you from that is being on the Internet :)

Looking at the specs, you don't need to do a lot to a OTG to make it a Master Touch in Copper.  Get your OTG Copper from Lowes or some place on the net.

1. Wheels. Yes you can order the Mater Touch or Performer wheels from Weber. Honestly I like the standard OTG wheels better. I bought a Performer Deluxe this weekend and one thing I was not crazy about was the wheels with the hubcaps.

2. Gormet BBQ grilling system. basic grate at Target online for about $35.00. Complete with the cast iron insert for about 68.00 across the net. You can order them at Lowes.com or from Weber.

3. Char Baskets $14.99 at Lowes.

4. Tuck-Away lid holder. You could drill holes and buy parts from Weber OR buy a Slide Aside. I have one I bought from Weber that I no longer need because I returned my OTG to Lowes for the Performer. The Slide Aside works as well as the Tuck Away IMO. Order the 26" cover though, the 22" premium cover will work with the slide aside but it's a little tight.

5. Warming Rack. Talk to Weber and find out If they will sell you a Master Touch warming rack. Hopefully they will.

6. Heat resistant handle for hood vent. Don't know the part #, but I've send them on ebay. You can buy this part from Weber too.

Good luck
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 05:16:32 PM by Rick S »
Weber 2015 Performer Deluxe, Weber 2001 WSM 18.5 and a Wilmington Grill 2005 Cape Fear.

shiner

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2015, 05:23:31 PM »

Looking at the specs, you don't need to do a lot to a OTG to make it a Master Touch in Copper.  Get your OTG Copper from Lowes or some place on the net.

1. Wheels. Yes you can order the Mater Touch or Performer wheels from Weber. Honestly I like the standard OTG wheels better. I bought a Performer Deluxe this weekend and one thing I was not crazy about was the wheels with the hubcaps.

2. Gormet BBQ grilling system. basic grate at Target online for about $35.00. Complete with the cast iron insert for about 68.00 across the net. You can order them at Lowes.com or from Weber.

3. Char Baskets $14.99 at Lowes.

4. Tuck-Away lid holder. You could drill holes and buy parts from Weber OR buy a Slide Aside. I have one I bought from Weber that I no longer need because I returned my OTG to Lowes for the Performer. The Slide Aside works as well as the Tuck Away IMO. Order the 26" cover though, the 22" premium cover will work with the slide aside but it's a little tight.

5. Warming Rack. Talk to Weber and find out If they will sell you a Master Touch warming rack. Hopefully they will.

6. Heat resistant handle for hood vent. Don't know the part #, but I've send them on ebay. You can buy this part from Weber too.

Good luck

I have done numbers 2, 3 and 4 to my blue 2012 OTG. Love all those upgrades.

For #2 I actually found the StoK "insert system" grill grates at Target last year at the end of summer for $15. I bought 3 and love them. here is the link to purchase from Amazon, but honestly I would wait and see if you can find them on sale somewhere at the end of summer like I did.

#3 the charcoal baskets are really a no brainer purchase. Gotta have em.

#4 My FIL has a Mastertouch and I think my slide aside works just as well as the tuck away lid holder.

I need to get a thermometer in my lid and plan on doing that soon.
If anyone runs across a good deal in Oklahoma please let me know.

Rick S

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2015, 06:42:15 PM »
So did Weber come out with the BBQ Gormet system after StoK? Nice looking grate.
Weber 2015 Performer Deluxe, Weber 2001 WSM 18.5 and a Wilmington Grill 2005 Cape Fear.

Metal Mike

• WKC Ranger
    • The Best Podcast in the Universe
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2015, 03:50:34 AM »
"I need to get a thermometer in my lid and plan on doing that soon."
     cost + time, might be better spent on a remote thermometer (I don't know brands)

#3... less cost + little time, @MacEggs has posted some Exceptional coal basket project ideas
...BOBBING FOR COALS IN MY KETTLE

Boosty16

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2015, 08:34:28 AM »
Forget #5.  I tried three times with three different people at Weber and they will not sell me the damn warming rack for my Performer.  I'm thinking of going to Home Depot to get the serial number off their Master Touch display and calling Weber with it.  I need that DAMN WARMING RACK!
2015 Performer Deluxe, 2015 26er and a 18.5" WSM

shiner

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2015, 10:50:54 AM »
So did Weber come out with the BBQ Gormet system after StoK? Nice looking grate.

I think so. Not really certain of the timing but I don't remember seeing anything the Weber offering until well after the StoK grates came out.

I have a buddy that has one of their "drums" and he says it is a great little grill. Basically the same as the kettle with minor differences. He said the only thing he really doesn't like about it is that the ash catcher is small.
If anyone runs across a good deal in Oklahoma please let me know.

GregS

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2015, 03:18:36 PM »
got any friends in egypt? 

http://www.gourmetegypt.com/store/product/1404/Weber-One-Touch-Premium%2B-57cm-Copper/

it's a bit beyond my agent's reach.  if one turns up in the UK, then it's possible i guess. 
I only use kettles with lid bales.

charred

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2015, 03:18:47 AM »
Hey all, please join me in the movement to encourage Weber to offer the new Master Touch model in the awesome copper color they offer the original Kettle in. Even if you don't like that color, help me out b/c the only thing that's keeping me from getting a Master Touch right now is it not being offered in Copper!

I've already reached out to them and they said that if they get more interest it could be made available. WILL YOU HELP ME???
Use this link to let them know you want them to add Copper as a color option (it's only black right now) for the Master Touch:

http://help.weber.com/ask/

I'm in! The copper is the best current color by far, imo.
hopelessly, helplessly, happily addicted to a shipload of Webers

bstarr3

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2015, 09:04:28 AM »
I have a copper premium (OTG) that I'm planning to add the slide aside, gourmet grate and char baskets to. The only thing you can't really fix up like the master touch is the height

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk

GregS

• WKC Performer
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2015, 09:54:18 AM »
@bstarr3 you could acquire the legs and triangle from a MT to achieve the height. 

bstarr3

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2015, 10:21:08 AM »
My understanding is that weber won't sell you those parts unless you already own a mt

GregS

• WKC Performer
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2015, 11:07:49 AM »
@bstarr3 ok fair enough, i own an MT, let me know when you want me to order them for you.  :-) 

bstarr3

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2015, 07:33:24 PM »
@bstarr3 ok fair enough, i own an MT, let me know when you want me to order them for you.  :-)
I called weber today, but I couldn't even get them to tell me the part price without a serial number. Do you know what the legs would cost? I'll definitely take you up on your offer is your serious