Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: hoss/boldtz meetup  (Read 3914 times)

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
hoss/boldtz meetup
« on: June 19, 2015, 01:33:32 PM »
This is becoming so regular now it shouldn't even classify as a meetup

So I have someone who is waiting with baited breath for his Glen Blue to arrive, now that I have a box to put it in thanks to @SixZeroFour I am able to ship out the Glen Blue.
However, Mike @MrHoss wanted to see it before it heads out, at the same time he had a shipment of handles coming to my house, one of them for me for my Red 26(more on that).
Wednesday no handles
Thursday no handles
Crap Hoss is coming regardless of the status of the handles.
Mike and I had a few things to work out with the gasser that I sold him, so he made the trip.

We made this the first cook on the red with my new griddle.

No Mike was not drooling over the food, he was drooling over the Glen Blue.

The fare
Bacon Onion Burgs

As we were eating look who showed up
Here is how this happened, she stop and had a set of envelops in her hand and when she put it in the box Hoss started to say "that is all she's got" right then she turns to grab a package.  Handles? Could it be?

Oh yeah it was

Look at the top one, also note the bottom one, that is going on the Red 26.

Not pictured a got a very nice gift pack of various smoking woods from @AcrossFromHoss and Mike - Thanks Guys.

Mike scored a 26 Corn and Tater, needs some cleaning but I am sure he will make it look great.

Check out this handle on the 26

What it is replacing

I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

AcrossFromHoss

• WKC Brave
Re: hoss/boldtz meetup
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2015, 01:47:04 PM »
Have fun playing with the variety of wood Boldtz, thanks again for all the gizmos and gadgets and charcoal you've acquired and stored for me over the last year. Looks like a tasty lunch and those kettles!!!!
I'm in the process of renewing my passport hoping to tag along with Mike one of these days.
"Seeing pictures of a nice steak without viewing the middle is like seeing a nice pair of tits in a bra. You tease!!!!"
 22.5 black OTG kettle, 18.5 WSM, Jumbo Joe

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2015, 01:58:11 PM »
That all looks awesome!  Timing is everything, eh?!   :D :D
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2015, 01:59:54 PM »
Thanks for everything L.B.. I am gonna pull a 604 on the corn n' tater ring and have it as shinny as I can soon come..........having this accessory is SO cool. Seeing the postal truck pull up out front as we were getting ready to eat was like it was written in a script.....for crazy middle aged Grillfella's!!!!! Just when I had given up on the post truck coming....we had seen a UPS truck go by and a different USPS truck also pass by.....as we are about to put food in our mouths and afterwards get going.....the darn thing shows!!! And what a damn bloody beautiful f@@@ing gorgeous Zav handle is there for your Aristocrat. Man oh man. Everyone viewing the pictures above only has a slight idea of what that thing is like in person. Iridescent is what it is.

I just love hooking up with L.B.. Get a passport bud.....I'll cook you brisket and your dollar is worth 1.25 here.....coooommmmmmme to Canada....come......me, Mac and AFH will even make you and honorary Canadian for life.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2015, 02:17:33 PM »
One thing to note.

If you look at the picture you might see the stepping on the lid, where it was machined, you can see the lines on the kettle more in person, kind of a cool feature.

I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2015, 10:33:50 PM »
Good show, Guys! @MrHoss you should go to the Chicago meet. It's only a few more hours away. :)
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2015, 10:35:58 AM »
Awesome pics and great looking food! That grate is nice isn't it?

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2015, 10:56:02 AM »
That grate is nice isn't it?

I cooked on it...and yes it is very nice. So nice I now want one.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"