Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Master Touch vs 22 Premium  (Read 9251 times)

bstarr3

• Smokey Joe
Master Touch vs 22 Premium
« on: June 19, 2015, 02:37:21 PM »
Greetings! I'm new to the forum with a question. I had a performer years ago but had to get rid of it when we moved to a small apartment in NYC.  Now I'm back in a house and want to get back into grilling. My budget doesn't allow for a performer right now, but I'm looking at a OTG/premium vs the new master touch.  What are your thoughts? Are the extras the MT brings worth it? I really like the copper, so the fact that the master touch only comes in black is a bummer.  But I'm definitely open to input. If I go with the premium, any add ons that are a must? I already know about a chimney starter and have good tongs.   Thanks

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk

Jammato

• WKC Ranger
Re: Master Touch vs 22 Premium
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2015, 02:45:11 PM »
I got the new masters touch this year to replace an old kettle. It is a performer without the tables
I like the mobility of the thing. better than the performer.
Now it is not a performer with the tables and stuff, but it has all the cooking features and that is nice
If we were meant to grill with gas then the garden of Eden would have had a pipeline

toolhead

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2015, 02:49:11 PM »
Charbaskets....with the added price of charbaskets..may just wana go master touch to get the lid bale
Grills

CharliefromLI

• WKC Ranger
    • Long Island Weber Club
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2015, 02:52:09 PM »
So either of those are great options but if you had a performer and liked it before check out craigslist. Depending on your area, they can often in great shape in the same price range 150-200 or sometimes less. They last for many years if cared for properly. If your still in metro NY there are often some listed.

Now to answer your actual question:
If you are tall, the added height of the MT might be a nice feature. The warming rack and gourmet grate are nice upgrades too.

« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 02:55:30 PM by CharliefromLI »
Starting LineUp: Summit Charcoal Grilling Center, Ranch Kettle, Genesis E310, SJ Gold MiniWSM, the JETTLE,
Alumni: Performer Dlx, 22.5" WSM, 26" OTG, 18.5" WSM, 22" OTP

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2015, 02:57:17 PM »
"Are the extras the MT brings worth it?"

Not a new kettle type person, but I pay attention to what people say about such things....

If you're going new, Mastertouch is likely the best deal....HEAVY Gourmet grate ( the hole in center one for the various inserts), a riser / warmer thing, lid bale, yes, coal baskets & they are a few inches TALLER than all previous kettles.......just looked at one up close at a Weber travelling roadshow & talked to the reps about it some.....if I were to buy new, that would be it.....
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

Qreps

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2015, 07:49:22 PM »
Those new MT are are so nice it would be a hard choice. It would be nice if they came in more color choices

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2015, 10:39:55 PM »
If i was buying new it would be the MT as has been pointed out it is a little taller than the standard kettle.  If i wanted a Performer i would search CL or yard/garage sales for one, good deals can be had on a slightly used Performer.
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......