Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Updated my I grill app  (Read 728 times)

Kneab

• WKC Performer
Updated my I grill app
« on: August 17, 2017, 06:31:00 PM »
I have a Weber kitchen thermometer.
It works like an I grill2. Well it did. Until I updated the app a couple of days ago. The update made it impossible to connect. My app can see the thermometer but never actually connects to it. It used to work great. Looking at the reviews on Google play store everyone else is experiencing the same problem.
Do not update if you want the app and thermometer to work.
ISO Brown Go Anywhere

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
Re: Updated my I grill app
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2017, 07:13:16 PM »
I bought one 2 weeks ago. connected it to my phone downloaded the idevices app, it said kitchen thermometer - download igrill app, ok makes sence, download the igrill app and it says only work with the igrill3 download the idevices app. like really? so I returned it

bigredmf

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2017, 03:18:36 AM »
The new app is a step back and the iDevice app no longer works.

I actually think they updated the Weber app since July 4th and I can no longer see the graph of temperature increase.

The original app was fine why did they fork it up?

Red

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LabRat

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2017, 04:02:41 AM »
The new app is an absolute mess. They dumbed it down, removed functionality and also support for some legacy models. It works with my iGrill2, but I lost some features. At least for iOS they are getting hammered in iTunes. I also exchanged emails with the developer to let them know my displeasure with what they did. Their response was that they wanted to button up the new interface and will be adding back functionality in time.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
John
In SE PA....On the wrong side of the MasonDixon line