Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Sunday dinner: Ribeye, salmon, taters  (Read 1317 times)

jdefran

• WKC Brave
Sunday dinner: Ribeye, salmon, taters
« on: June 15, 2015, 06:11:01 AM »
I picked up a used SJS for 5 bucks from CL..cleaned her up and put it to use. I honestly wasn't sure how I would use it..but my wife thought it was cute and for 5 bucks, why not? Ahem..weberitis setting in perhaps?

Here's the work crew prepping for the event

In between these photos which I failed to capture was corn being grilled on the SJS.

Protein set up (going for a reverse on the steak). Which will now be my go to method..it was soooo tender. (Charcoal under grill grate for searing later)

While the SJS was fired up I figured why not use it:

Peek-a-boo

Plated:

Medium

To medium rare

Finished salmon

The salmon was very good too, wild caught King salmon. Rubbed it with brown sugar, dry mustard, ground ginger, cayenne pepper, and smoked salt. The steak was salt, pepper, and a little garlic & onion powder. The taters were salt, pepper, dried oregno, fresh thyme & rosemary.

The side dish was a salad of sorts: roasted corn, avocado, grape maters, cilantro, and sour cream to bind it.

WNC

• WKC Performer
Re: Sunday dinner: Ribeye, salmon, taters
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2015, 05:29:47 PM »
Why to put both cookers to work! That medium rare cut looks perfect, I've got to try the reverse sear!

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2015, 06:35:13 PM »
Great multi tasking, everything looks great!
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2015, 08:49:24 PM »
Very nice.
A bunch of black kettles
-JC

jdefran

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2015, 03:51:52 AM »
Why to put both cookers to work! That medium rare cut looks perfect, I've got to try the reverse sear!
The reverse sear is nice. I liked that I could have the kettle around 225-250 on the side the steak was and have 20 min to do other things.. Although you don't get as nice of a crust, the steak's tenderness made up for it. This video summarized the differences: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnuKEFquBt0

jdefran

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2015, 03:54:12 AM »
Great multi tasking, everything looks great!
On these hot summer days in Florida I like to cook most of my meals outside to keep the house cooler..plus on a Sunday it's a nice way to unwind and enjoy some beer