Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Big Favor, side table leg detail?  (Read 3056 times)

G$

• WKC Performer
Big Favor, side table leg detail?
« on: January 23, 2013, 05:33:38 PM »
I know a couple of you (Shaun, Michael, others)  have this table:

This one above is Michaels.

What I need is two things: 
First, the measurement of the height of the legs from top to bottom, AND, if possible, a close up photograph of what the top of the leg pipe looks like.  Specifically, is it a solid closed tube, or did weber use an end cap insert on a standard tube?

Jeff

• WKC Performer
Re: Big Favor, side table leg detail?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 07:27:19 PM »
I'll check mine tomorrow.   I'll have to load up some new pics if someone doesn't already do it by tomorrow.
Kettle collector AND cooker!

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 07:32:59 PM »
Here's some close up pics of mine. The legs measure 32" exactly. The white caps are the same front leg white caps on the kettle. The top of the legs have a silver cap on them. Same diameter as the kettle legs. The sockets are '60s era kettle thumbscrew style and shape. Hope this helps.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 07:36:26 PM by Craig »

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2013, 04:35:59 AM »
Here is a picture of mine, but I am not sure if it is correct. It was missing the legs when I got it. I made mine, put on the white caps, as I had seen a table in an earlier thread. I recently changed to a metal cap that I was able to get at Home Depot. 7/8" chrome plug cap)

Greg

G$

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2013, 05:18:29 AM »
Craig, you rock, that is exactly what I needed.  Perfect.

Greg, I remember yours was missing legs, glad you found some!

Jeff, you snooze you lose!  :-X

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2013, 03:31:13 PM »
Your welcome, G$! Anytime.  :D

Nice Chief and Brave, Greg!  8) Those are beauteous! I love the wood table accessory. So much more space when compared to my modern plastic side table.

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2013, 05:07:13 PM »
Your welcome, G$! Anytime.  :D

Nice Chief and Brave, Greg!  8) Those are beauteous! I love the wood table accessory. So much more space when compared to my modern plastic side table.

I am going to try to replicate. Menards has some Aspen that is pre-cut. Little work but I have the template of the 26'er. The mine is so old and was stored outside, the laminate is not holding so well.
I have lemon oiled the sh!t out of it, it is so dry...But this is my spring project. I want one for the 18" and will make one in anticipation of finally finding a 22".

Any ideas out there for the leg holders? I know some are using old post holders off the kettles...

Greg

G$

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2013, 07:38:27 PM »
Greg, this is the last table i made:
http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-kettles-accessories/my-home-made-side-table-progress/msg1233/#msg1233

The next ones i am using the leg posts from kettle.  Duke some how snagged a few for me.