Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: personal meatloaves ...  (Read 1604 times)

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
personal meatloaves ...
« on: June 05, 2015, 05:49:55 PM »
Not much to report or show here except to say it was a success. I like successes.

Took inspiration from @dgodwin 's similar cookup the other day, http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/bbq-food-pics/meatloaf-muffins/ and also applied @austin87 's suggestion to let them sit awhile in the fridge first. We formed them in small rectangular foil pans then moved to a cookie sheet for transport. I wrapped bacon around them at that time.

By the time they reached the grill they had rounded but held together OK. Flipping required the assistance of a fork held to the opposite end of each to act as a pusher while the spatula picked them up.

So my dad questioned how this was going to work ... how would I keep the hamburger from getting black on the bottom and raw in the middle ... wondered if the kettle could be setup "like an oven" ... (pause for effect) so I once again explained about indirect cooking.

"Now you know ... meatloaf should be cooked at 350."

"This OK, dad?"

You'll like this response, @chuck s , "Actually it looks a little bit too high."

But .,, the questions ceased.

Not a great pic but the meatloaf was a hit. The potatoes were Monday's red potatoes leftover, mashed up and reheated on the grill.

It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
Re: personal meatloaves ...
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2015, 11:46:15 PM »
That will work!
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

dgodwin

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2015, 04:42:27 AM »
Thanks for the enjoyable post.  I wish I was able to have cooked more with my father.  I'll definitely try wrapping in bacon the next time I make meatloaf. 

chuck s

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2015, 04:42:57 AM »
You'll like this response, @chuck s , "Actually it looks a little bit too high."
I think you needed to tell him that you calibrated the gauge is off by 12.5 degrees!!   

Other than that....Nice job pal....

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2015, 03:31:16 PM »
Man ATS, seems like a great weekend of grilling!

SixZeroFour

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2015, 03:44:20 PM »
Sweet kettle and plated shots, both look great!
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2015, 02:41:30 AM »
Killer photo of the kettle !!!!!

The loafs are "I'll take a swan dive into that!!!" quality..... ;D 8) 8) 8)
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2015, 05:39:32 AM »
Even on Day 2, my dad said they were great leftovers. I thought they were pretty good but not sure stellar. It's' ground beef!

As he was mixing the stuff I tossed in a coffee pod ... "What recipe are you following?"

"Recipe?
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

austin87

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2015, 04:25:39 PM »
Great looking meal there!