Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: St Louis Meet-up?  (Read 7830 times)

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Re: St Louis Meet-up?
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2015, 05:04:16 AM »
@Bob BQ I'm fine with this Sat or Sun instead of today if that lets Rich, Tom and whomever join in.

@ramsfan Interesting you mentioned those places being all sugary ... I sorta got that impression from Sugarfire too. Must just be catering to people's expectations and not their education so to speak. But any place is OK by me.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

blksabbath

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2015, 05:09:53 AM »
I'm out this weekend...We're doing the Horseradish Festival in Colinsville.  Next weekend is the Brewers Heritage Festival in Forest Park.  If anyone happens to be going, I'm serving my beer Friday evening with my brewing club (St. Louis Brews).  Last year Sugarfire was running the grills and I got hooked up with some great stuff from them.

Anyways, hopefully I'll be able meet up at some point.

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2015, 06:37:54 AM »
@addicted-to-smoke I'll be at work all day on Saturday. Might be able to make Sunday work, but we usually have family obligations that may take precedence. *Edit; Was just reminded by my daughter that we'll be at Six Flags all day on Sunday.

I think the kiddos and I will still head over to Adam's Smokehouse today, regardless.  We'll be there @ noon if you want to come by, also. You, too @blksabbath  8)
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 06:59:47 AM by Bob BQ »
BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"

blksabbath

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2015, 07:16:12 AM »
I wish i could get down there...I skipped breakfast and want to eat right now.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2015, 07:42:54 AM »
Well it seems I'm out of it now. We're still dealing with hidden damage over here from a lightning strike Sat. Just spent the last hour diagnosing a no-signal scenario with one of dad's TVs, bad HDMI input with all other possible variables removed.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

tomtappel

• WKC Brave
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2015, 09:07:46 AM »
Not sure how many of you guys are family folks with kids, but what if we did a little WKC family smoke out at a local park one Saturday? Bring a few Webers with us? I have three kids ages 3, 4 , and 11

ramsfan

• WKC Performer
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2015, 03:33:25 PM »
@Bob BQ I'm fine with this Sat or Sun instead of today if that lets Rich, Tom and whomever join in.

@ramsfan Interesting you mentioned those places being all sugary ... I sorta got that impression from Sugarfire too. Must just be catering to people's expectations and not their education so to speak. But any place is OK by me.

Pappy's and Bogart's don't have sugary sweet candied ribs, only Adams Smokehouse. The fella there told me they caramelize their ribs with apple butter using a blowtorch. (too sweet in my opinion). Pappy's and Bogart's have peppery tasting ribs. The quality of Pappy's ribs has been slipping the last few times I have eaten there. They are definitely not the caliber they were a few years ago when they first opened. The ribs are tougher, not quite the same great taste they used to be. In every national BBQ poll, Bogart's consistently beats Pappy's every time even though the same guy does the cooking in both places.
This is the original Weber kettle. The most powerful bbq grill in the world and can blow your taste-buds clean off! So, you have to ask yourself one question: "Do you feel hungry? Well, do you punk?"

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2015, 04:51:58 PM »

Pappy's and Bogart's don't have sugary sweet candied ribs, only Adams Smokehouse. The fella there told me they caramelize their ribs with apple butter using a blowtorch. (too sweet in my opinion). Pappy's and Bogart's have peppery tasting ribs. The quality of Pappy's ribs has been slipping the last few times I have eaten there. They are definitely not the caliber they were a few years ago when they first opened. The ribs are tougher, not quite the same great taste they used to be. In every national BBQ poll, Bogart's consistently beats Pappy's every time even though the same guy does the cooking in both places.

http://www.stltoday.com/entertainment/dining/restaurants/off-the-menu/trip-advisor-ranks-pappy-s-bogart-s-among-nation-s/article_48ecb95d-5f43-5e5e-9360-ddc5b2421ea3.html

The kids and I split a burnt ends sandwich and a smoked salami sandwich. The burnt ends were great... I did taste a bit of sweet on them, although that might have been due to the fact that I was eating the pit beans at the same time, which were definitely sweet. The smoke salami was phenomenal. Will absolutely be getting that again.

Not sure how many of you guys are family folks with kids, but what if we did a little WKC family smoke out at a local park one Saturday? Bring a few Webers with us? I have three kids ages 3, 4 , and 11

Tom, I'd definitely be up for that, and I'm sure Tommy ( @Lowbrass ) would be more than happy to join us. Now to just find a free Saturday.........
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 05:35:12 PM by Bob BQ »

TheDude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2015, 03:42:03 PM »
Wish I could make it. Sweet ribs sound kinda weird, but smoked salami sounds awesome.
Still need a 22” yellow

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2015, 07:24:07 PM »
Wish I could make it. Sweet ribs sound kinda weird, but smoked salami sounds awesome.

@TheDude , give a shout if you're ever going to be in the area... we'll give it another go!  Are you in Springfield, MO, or Springfield, IL?

TheDude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2015, 07:42:16 PM »
MO. Will do.
Still need a 22” yellow