Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: St Louis Meet-up?  (Read 7825 times)

Red Kettle Rich

• WKC Ranger
St Louis Meet-up?
« on: June 01, 2015, 05:56:33 PM »
I thought I read something that implied a couple of Grillfellas getting together.  Lets all the STL grillfellas join in,  Whats happening?  8)
Looking for a RED 26" Kettle & a tabbed no leg RED 22" Kettle near STL. Copper Sam Adams SJ anywhere 8)

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
Re: St Louis Meet-up?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2015, 06:39:25 PM »
@ramsfan @Red Kettle Rich @addicted-to-smoke @blksabbath @bob hope

A-T-S, are you in town this week? Anyone up for a meet-up?
BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"

TheDude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2015, 08:16:35 PM »
I'm in Springfield. It's tough working weekends, but with a little notice I could be down.
Still need a 22” yellow

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2015, 06:45:48 AM »
I'm interested, what do you have in mind? I don't have too much planned for this week.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2015, 10:57:03 AM »
I should be able to meet up for lunch tomorrow... might have a kid or two in tow. There's at least a couple of good BBQ joints in town. Other than tomorrow, I'm working the rest of the week... Thurs & Fri I could meet in the evening, or Saturday late afternoon/early evening.

@Red Kettle Rich , what did you have in mind?

@ramsfan @addicted-to-smoke @blksabbath @bob hope @Lowbrass @tomtappel @TheDude
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 11:00:43 AM by Bob BQ »

Red Kettle Rich

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2015, 12:43:36 PM »
I think Sugarfire is nice 8)
Looking for a RED 26" Kettle & a tabbed no leg RED 22" Kettle near STL. Copper Sam Adams SJ anywhere 8)

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2015, 02:13:10 PM »
I think Sugarfire is nice 8)

How long of a wait to get in, would you guess?

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2015, 07:05:09 PM »
Ok, gents, doesn't seem to be much action happening here. I am proposing that we meet at Adam's Smokehouse on Wednesday (that would be tomorrow  :D)... say around 11:30, or 12. Good place to eat some good bbq and shoot the chit. It's a small joint, but they have some excellent food on the menu, and we're not going to have to stand in line forever to get it.

If you're up for it, either reply in this post, or shoot me a pm. If tomorrow doesn't work, throw out an alternate plan....

Hope to see some of you Fella's tomorrow!

Bob

@Red Kettle Rich @addicted-to-smoke @ramsfan @Lowbrass @tomtappel @TheDude @blksabbath @bob hope

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2015, 07:14:27 PM »
Thanks Bob and Adam's sounds great; haven't been there yet. I may also have kids or my dad or whatever with me as well. See you there and hopefully some others too unless I hear otherwise!
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

ramsfan

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2015, 07:37:26 PM »
Sorry guys, but unfortunately tomorrow is out for me. Have to work. Warning: If anyone decides to order the ribs, bring some serious wet wipes and maybe an industrial size jug of insulin. The ribs are so sweet and sugar coated, it's like eating candy (no exaggeration here). They're waaay too sweet and sugary for me. Adams, Pappy's and Bogart's are all related. (My suggestion would be to go to Bogart's instead. The ribs are much better there). Have fun!
This is the original Weber kettle. The most powerful bbq grill in the world and can blow your taste-buds clean off! So, you have to ask yourself one question: "Do you feel hungry? Well, do you punk?"

tomtappel

• WKC Brave
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2015, 08:00:09 PM »
I'm working during the day, doubt if I can make it, but where is Adams? I'm pretty close to Sugarfire

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2015, 08:02:57 PM »
South city, Tom... about 5 minutes from Ted Drewes.

tomtappel

• WKC Brave
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2015, 08:25:22 PM »
Can't make Adams tomorrow. Thanks for the invite though, great idea. Maybe another time on the weekend?

Red Kettle Rich

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2015, 09:46:58 PM »
Weekend would be better for me too

rich

@ramsfan @addicted-to-smoke @blksabbath @bob hope @Lowbrass @tomtappel @TheDude  @Bob BQ

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2015, 10:02:54 PM »
We'll definitely have to do weekend get together.

@Red Kettle Rich ... aren't you retired?  ;)  I figured for sure you'd be in....